Trax
    @

Hey,

I had a henna tattoo when i was younger, and because the artist i went to was using ink with a black dye in it i had a allegic reaction and had a red mark on my arm where the tattoo was when the ink had faded, and i had to go to the doctors and they gave me some drugs that got rid of it. anyway i was thinking of getting a real tattoo and was wondering wether i would have allergic reaction.
    thanks for reading.

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

I’m not an authority on ink, but I have read many a horror story in the press about holiday makes getting henna tattoo and then turning nasty, leaving people withs burns and lasting scars.

I have only ever read one article (last year I think), where by a footballer had an advverse reaction to tattoo ink. Not into football so can’t remember his name.

Henna tattoos are far more scary that the real thing in my opinion. I had one once and could’t wait fo it to fade (luckily no adverse reaction for me). I ‘d never have another henna tattoo…far to dangerous.

Purplestar

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

i have had some henna done in a couple of places.

the one i had done in turkey went really bad and blistered etc

i guess it really depends on what they are gonna use on you.

in terms of normal inks. some of them will contain various chemicals which soemone might be alergic to but they are normally pretty well tested to make sure there is no adverse reactions.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I looked into some sites on what Henna actually contains and to be frank I was horrified that this shit is not more strongly regulated.

In essence it is used from plants and crushed into a paste using turpentine and/or monoterpene alcohols. Many of the plants used also contain monoterpene alcohols.

This added to the paste. Some unscrupulous vendors use other hydrocarbon solvents (petrol aka gasolene and kerotene) to get a darker stain on the paste.

That is usually what causes the skin to blister, scar, or burn.

It would seem that they tend to use low toxicity from eucalyptus oils but there are several species and results and level of toxicity may vary.

Stay well away is my advice. If you have problems with it bathe regulary and apply a small amount of anti-septic cream for 3-5 days then apply a dermatogiocal cream such as E45 to reduce any rash.

Take Care
    Matthew

Frisby
    Participant
    @frisby

Hi,
    When people get skin reactions from henna it is because the henna has been mixed with para-phenylenediamine (PPD), which is highly toxic. It’s the same stuff that’s in hair dye which people sometimes have reactions to. I gather there isn’t ppd in real tattoo ink.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.