CFCKW
    Participant
    @cfckw

Getting my first tattoo soon but yet to look at the artists portfolio. The question I have is what do I look for when looking at the tattoos that he has done? What I am worrying about is looking at his work and thinking it looks really good when a pro tattoo artist might have plenty to say about it! Or is bad work normally really obvious?

Might be a long shot but worth a try, has anyone been to or heard about Chris’s tattoo studio in Grantham, lincs?

Also, I have an important football match 2 days later, would it be better not to play or is there safe ways to cover up my tattoo for 90 minutes?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Tattooing style is a very personal taste and some will love the art and other hate it.

The things that you are looking for in a portfolio;

Can they draw? If the pics look a bag of shite in your eyes don’t bother.

Is the work theirs or has it been added to by other artists?

Does the artist have any examples of the style you want? (If not why not?)

Do the lines look straight? If they are wobbly or faint this is a bad sign.

Is the colouring/shading done to a high standard – if it looks patchy or spotty this is not a good sign.

Proportions – Do they look reasonably sized on say portraits or figures.

Is their fine detail in their tattoos?

Also you want to see their autoclave and them wearing gloves. They need to set the sterile equipment out in front of you and use disposable caps and tubes for the ink.

As for the game keep it covered with a dressing and should be fine but make sure not to tear the scab eg if on leg do not go sliding along the ground on your tattoo.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Take Care
    Matthew

CFCKW
    Participant
    @cfckw

Thanks very much for your help.

The tattoo will be on the inside of my right forearm so should be pretty safe.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.