abarrera
    @

I would like to cover-up a tattoo that I got a few years ago with something that means much more to me…here is a picture of my tattoo

here is what i would like to cover it up with…(just examples i found on the internet)

Basically I need to know if it looks possible to do? I was going to have the original tattoo removed but i think it will be really expensive and if this will work then it’s something that means something to me so ill be ok with it. By the way it’s an Irish Claddagh meaning Friendship (hands), Love (heart), Loyalty (Crown).

Thanks in advance for all responses!

Chance666
    Participant
    @chance666

My fav cover up!!

The Acme All Purpose Cover Up…

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Black is never an easy colour to cover over.
    That said if you go for really deep reds and bold colours it could be possible. The colours would have to be very deep to hide the black underneath.

You ay need to lighten with a laser for it to take but that is very expensive and painful.

My advice is maybe consider getting the orig tat reworked and reshaded – with a fresh outline and some colour in there it would be a very nice tattoo.

You can always add the second tattoo elsewhere on your body.

But if you do intend on a cover-up you want an artist with extensive experience in them and you want to see their work as nothing worse than somebody botching up a cover-up piece.

Take Care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

I would go to a reputable artist and ask them what they could do for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.