jonmk1
    Participant
    @jonmk1

hey ive got a couple of tats myself and im planning a half sleeve on my lower leg. was browsing on ebay to see what price uv ink was and i came across these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-TATTOO-MACHINES-KIT-NEEDLES-INKS-POWER-SUPPLY-p_W0QQitemZ320304414342QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320304414342&_trkparms=72%3A1298%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

was wondering what sort of quality the kit would be. now i know its a skill that u learn from years and years of experience and im still gonna get all mine done by a profesional. but i was just gonna buy one to have a go at it. is ther anything that u can practise on?

ive heard people use pig skin?

it seems a good price just to play about with.

dont worry i aint planning on putting anyone out of buisness haha and if i did im sure theyll come to you to get it fixed lol :p

cheers. any comments welcome.

stowsea
    Participant
    @stowsea

well, you get what you pay for. Some people say its the artist not the machine. but any machine can be tuned to work well. that kit would be ideal for a scratcher to practice on yourself. by the way that “practice skin” that comes with it sucks. your much better off getting some ppig skin from your local butcher. its verrrrrrry cheap and its the closest to human skin you can get.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

Did you get that kit from eBay? I looked at link and the auction was over so I oculdn’t see the product.

Here is another you might like they also have more expensive one but for starters you might like this. The link below will give you the run down of all that comes with it. I think it comes with Practice skin made of leather that might be good to use but def. try to get some pig skin.

Ya never know maybe you can get an apprentice job at your local tattoo studio!! Good luck!!

http://www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=3827&partner=carefulprecision

kit.jpg

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

Here are some inks too… not sure if they are the ones you were looking for but if not this link will lead you to the site where you could find more and maybe find the one your looking for.

If any one has ever tried the Ami James Inks let me know what ya think of em… didn’t know he made his own inks. The link listed here is for Millenium Moms Ink.

Hmm dunno why my link looks like it’s been cut in half… it works though. Good Luck!

http://www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=3829&partner=carefulprecision

MOMsInk.jpg

midjam
    Participant
    @midjam

My tattoo artist said most of them are poorly made by some indian or chinese company, I know he is biased but he is also a good mate of mine and I respect his opinion.

Are you a good artist ? probably the most important thing unless you just want to do some tribal work but even then I would make sure you do alot of dead pig tattooing first 🙂

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@midjam 29095 wrote:

My tattoo artist said most of them are poorly made by some indian or chinese company.

That doesn’t surprise me at all. Makes since… Ami is, I guess, just looking for a new way to make a buck. As if he doesn’t make enough alreaady. *shrugs* I had doubts that’s why I asked.

Thanks a bunch Midjam!! 😀

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

Who knows of any HIGH quality inks… no matter the price I was just wondering…

midjam
    Participant
    @midjam

No no no no I was not talking about the inks i`m sure they are very good, I was refering to the tattoo machine kits that you can get on ebay.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

😮 Ohhhh aacckkkk!!! *hits self* sorry i was trying to do 3 things at once and do my job at the same time without skippin a beat and i wasnt paying attention to the posts. sorry.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.