inkedmommy
    @

Hey all… I’m new here… Looking for advice on a new tattoo. I want a backpiece that can incorporate everything important in my life and was thinking that a charm bracelet, in some form, would be PERFECT. I’m just not sure how to turn that into a tat. For example, I’d have a bunch of charms- a wedding ring for my husband, an initial for each kid, angel wings for each love lost, cross, etc. I don’t need detail in any of the charms (obviously, since they’ll be fairly small) but would like to have enough room so that I can add charms later. Any ideas/suggestions???

The whole tat can be about 10 inches wide and 12-18 inches tall and the top will be about 3 inches below my shoulders so I can cover it up for work.

Thanks!!!!!

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

So… maybe you could have a white feather of some sort and have the charms hanging off different parts of it… or stuck around parts of the feather “hair” if you will. I’m big into feathers… so that’s just a thought. Maybe you could weave a chain around a feather with charms on it…?

aabliss551
    Participant
    @aabliss551

@Demure 27542 wrote:

Maybe you could weave a chain around a feather with charms on it…?

I was thinking the same thing. It’s a good idea. You know, what you can do (so that you can actually get a visual of what it may look like) is head over the deviantart. There are some good people there who will do sketches just for the fun of it, for free. That’s actually how I ended up with the Native American tattoo I have on my back (which I should post in the pics section soon). I started talking to one of the newer artists who had some art submitted there and he sketched some of my thoughts over a design I had.

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Excellent idea, aabliss551!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.