I M I
    Participant
    @i-m-i

Hello all, first time poster and no ink yet. Right now, I am the process of losing weight I gained when I went thru chemo therapy as a child and finally have the will power to shed this skin, however I am wanting some ink, asap but I worry that with my body shape/flabbiness it will distort/change shape when I tone up. I can’t picture myself GROWING, per say, but toning.

I am a very massive guy, 6′ 5″ish, built very broad and thick, I just have these love handles, gut and man boobs that I am working on. So, the most I see happening is the skin tightening and toning. Anyway, enough of my babbling. Here is a pic of the tat:

1-1.jpg

I am wanting it kinda big, so I may just have it be a thick outline, like an inch of a line or so, and around 10″- 1′ in height on my ribs. Keeping it an outline in case I want to fill it with something some day. I can take pix of my torso if it helps, but for now I will spare your eyes 😉

sinoftheskin
    Participant
    @sinoftheskin

It will definitely change, plain and simple. On your ribs it might change less than if it were right on your stomach. Do you carry your weight right down the center down the abs, or more well rounded aroudn the ribs and back as well. You see where I am going with this?

The best advice would be to ask the guy/girl that will be doing the work. They will be able to see you in person and get an idea of where they would suggest to match your design to the contours of your body (as it exists now).

I M I
    Participant
    @i-m-i

@sinoftheskin 27346 wrote:

It will definitely change, plain and simple. On your ribs it might change less than if it were right on your stomach. Do you carry your weight right down the center down the abs, or more well rounded aroudn the ribs and back as well. You see where I am going with this?

The best advice would be to ask the guy/girl that will be doing the work. They will be able to see you in person and get an idea of where they would suggest to match your design to the contours of your body (as it exists now).

Oddly enuff, above my love handles, it’s mostly all ribs. Then my stomache is just a gut.

sinoftheskin
    Participant
    @sinoftheskin

See then it might work okay. Again I would first get a placement idea from your tattoo artist and go from there to make a decision. then you can either setup an appt right away or setup one a little bit out.

Even if you have to set one for down the road, it will then act as a great motivational tool to get you where you are already on the right track to go. Good luck!

BTW, there are also some cool papers where you can printout your own rubon tat with a inkjet printer. It might sound a bit middle school, but better that then a bad tat for the rest of your life. It costs a few bucks and you can get it from several places. I have linked to tattoo johnny for it here: Free Tattoo Design Ideas You will see tattoo sample kit!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.