memsiej
    Participant
    @memsiej

just curious, what are the signs of infection? i have a tattoo right now- my fifth- thats healing strangly. maybe because its near a joint so its been irritated everytime i move my elbow, or becasue its been so sunny, the sun exposure did something to it? either way, has anyone had any experiances with infected/sun-exposed tattoos? thanks.

binkd
    Participant
    @binkd

Hey there

Ive never had one infected but the single star I had on the inside of my wrist went more than scabby for my liking and weeped a little then it got a candle was like film over it and went all white !! Ive never had this before ever.
    Ive used many different creams and goo over the years but this time was advised to use Bepanthen which was awful and cracked the skin etc. Never again. Anyway, I just kept washing in luke warm water, natural soap and pat dry for a few more days till the scab broke away and then moisturised and it was fine although the colour had faded badly. Im never going to BLUE BANANA again!

Hope yours is ok. Keep an eye on it.

crazy4ink
    Participant
    @crazy4ink

I would guess infection would be like anything else–red, sore, maybe some swelling above what is normal for a tattoo. If you have any questions regarding the healing, and what’s normal, please contact your artist. They should be able to tell you for sure, or have you come in to see it. Good luck!

Sailor_Emma
    Participant
    @sailor_emma

Just a pointer…keep a newly done tattoo out of the sun…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.