misshotkey
    @

I’ve beening thinking for a while now of getting a small star on my hip, or at the back of my shoulder. I was wondering how pricing goes ( this will be my first tattoo so i have no idea what to expect). Will it cost much? or does it differ with what colours I choose, say if i wanted it black or red?
    Oh, and, do you always have a little consultation thing with the tattoo artist first and then come back to get the tattoo done later? or can you just get it done on the day?

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Persoanlly if you can just walk in off the street and get straight in the chair these days something is wrong, most artists will be booked up for at least a few weeks in advance, the majority I know now have around 2 month waiting time. What some do have is a walk in day maybe on a saturday where they have a first come first served policy and you just wait until your turn. This will almost certainly be little tatts like you are saying, something off the wall or out of the book with a fixed price that takes no time at all, sounds like what you may want to do.
    On session work artists have a fixed hourly rate but you won’t have to worry about that, a little star or whatever will take no time at all.
    I’d say if you are looking at getting a 1″ star and the artist doesn’t give you good change from £50 he’s expensive. I’d say about £40 (depends where you are in the country, if you use a city artist as opposed to a town artist etc, I’m talking town with highish rental rates kinda money), although it may take 10 mins he will have to make it worth his while. Could pay alot less but I wouldn’t pay more than that!
    Enjoy.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

i would agree

£25 to £35 for a small star the colour shouldnt make any difference i dont think

maybe less

depends where you go and how good the tattoo artists think he/she is.

Dialback
    Participant
    @dialback

Theres usualy a minimum rate even for the tinyest tat. Usualy around £20. this is to cover needle,sterilizing and clean up time.Ive never known colours make any difference to the price.

binkd
    Participant
    @binkd

Hi there

My current tattoo artists charges £20 minimum for any tattoo, theyre both amazing and very pro. An hours work is £60. All artists are different depending where youre based and what you want etc. Colour should make no difference what so ever. THey may charge a little more for your own design rather than one they already have. Any decent artist should give you a consultation before he inks to show you how things work and discuss care etc but they usually do this at your appointment. My artist does walk ins but also bookings. Depends how busy they are.

Mine cost as follows which may help you…

1″ butterfly (11 years ago) £15
    Rose on back (10 years ago) £20
    2″ butterfly (8 years ago) £20
    3″ tribal design on my neck (6 years ago) £20
    Angel wings lower back (5 years ago) £30
    Large black cross with lily (unique design 3 years ago) £35
    Daisy on wrist £15 (3 years ago)
    1″ star on inside of wrist £20 (2 months ago!)
    The rest of my star design added to the original star was done 3 weeks ago and was £30

Hope this helps 😀
    Miss B

jon_hoog
    Participant
    @jon_hoog

500 000 000 yen. youre obviously not thinking about getting a tattoo anyways or you would just go and ask the place your going to, since everyone knows rates are different everywhere

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.