Yahoo Answerer
    @

I am thinking of getting a massive tattoo on my back of a dragon, and was just wondering if anyone has had one that could tell me their expeirence, such as is it painful? is there any permanent effect? is there any effect at all? is it death threatening? and if there is, is there anyway to prevent the effect and still get one.

Confident Woman
    @

Do some shots of alcohol first, no really going large is for people that already know they can handle it.

You will have to sit for hours, and really it doesnt hurt. At least not for me, I loved it! Its like a nagging sunburn with someone smacking it and tweaking it over and over again.

It can be pleasureable for some, as it was for me and that is why I only have one large one on my leg. Too much fun, I could have them all over, like a massage for me~

priscilla z. delaporte
    @

the back is pretty painful and the larger the tat the longer itll take to ink, but hey, id say go for it if ya want it.
    but beware… they are ADDICTIVE!
    🙂

Not That Bob
    @

No, it is not worth it. Yes, there will be pain. To days tattoo’s
    are artist. And very safe. Just make sure, he opens a sterile needle in front of you. And yours is going to cost a bunch. My
    thoughts do not do it.

Aaliyah S
    @

Tattoos actually are great its like your own little keep sake and a representation of something you like thats always with you and tattoos are permananted unless your gettin henna or air brushed which only last about two weeks so if your gettin an actual tattoo make sure its something u dont mind having for life unless you have the cash to remove it you might want to start of with something small just to make sure u like it i have 3 i love them they are kind of addicting but unlike a percing where tons of people have it a tattoo can be something thats your own and there should be absoloutly no death threatening issues atlest i know of i mean i have 3 and im fine lol maybe if you have any issue with your blood or anything like that running in your family u might want to cheack that out so as far as pain goes its not excrusiating its just a little irritating so i suggest starting with something small but again this is just yahoo answers if i were u id cheack out some shops see whats most clean because u want to make sure they use new needles for every customer and are hygenicly safe and see if they can draw u something up and tell u all the facts anyways hope i could help =)

Amy
    Participant
    @amy

As long as the parlor and tattoo artist use a new, clean needle and everything is sanitary, the likelihood of infection is very low.
    Your potential tattoo sounds quite large and it might have to be done in several sessions. It’ll also be fairly expensive and something you’ll have to live with for a long time.
    Make sure it’s something you really want and don’t be afraid to talk to an artist beforehand to get a feel for the process.

Amy
    Participant
    @amy

As long as the parlor and tattoo artist use a new, clean needle and everything is sanitary, the likelihood of infection is very low.
    Your potential tattoo sounds quite large and it might have to be done in several sessions. It’ll also be fairly expensive and something you’ll have to live with for a long time.
    Make sure it’s something you really want and don’t be afraid to talk to an artist beforehand to get a feel for the process.

njustine
    Participant
    @njustine

I have one on my back and I didnt find it painful at all. The first 2 minutes were the only bad part..getting used to the feeling. After that it was a breeze. However, mine isnt as big as your talking about.

I am getting a large tattoo on my outter thigh so I am a little worried about pain also. But I know I can survive.

I dont think you should get a large tattoo if you arnt sure you can handle it, or if you have too many doubts.

Make sure its something you can live with for the rest of your life.

And unless you get it done from some guy in the back alley, I wouldnt worry about dying from it.

Sailor_Emma
    Participant
    @sailor_emma

Yes, if you get a big dragon tattooed on your back..you will get AIDs and die…..

wellred84
    Participant
    @wellred84

Yes it is painful, but it’s a forgetable pain so once it is done it’s like “oh that wasn’t so bad” I wouldn’t get something big for your first one. My first one took an hour and a half and it is on my back and my second took over 2 hours and it’s on the underside of my forearm. I didn’t find either to be overly traumatic the one on my arm was worse because all of the lines are very small and intricate.

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

DONT DRINK BEFORE YOU GET IT

I cane believe someone said to do that…. Alcohol is a blood thinner…. Meaning you will bleed alot more, making it much harder for the tattoo artist.

The pain is tolerable, I see everyone these days with some kind of tattoo, if they can take it dont you think you can too?

TattoStar
    Participant
    @tattostar

You may want to consider trying a smaller tattoo first as you will be very much throwing yourself in the proverbial deep-end by going for a full back tattoo for your first.

Also, make sure you visit several tattoo parlours and speak to several artists to get a good feel for where and whom you would like to ink you. Don’t just get it done at the first one you come across.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.