Demure
    Participant
    @demure

I have super hypo-allergenic skin and I’ve never had a tattoo before. Should I be careful using colors? I’ve heard red can really tear you up if you have sensitive skin. My tattoo that I’m planning on getting is going to have black, pinks, whites, and grays. Think I’ll be okay?

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Wow well it’s pretty sad when I’ve researched it myself and still no one has replied yet to my question on the forum.

I’ve found that if you’re allergic to mercury or nickel that you may have a problem with Red or Yellow inks. It sort of depends on what ink the tattooist uses.

A way to find this out is if you’ve had a peircing or worn expensive jewelry. The metals in that can help clarify your allergies for you.

However, it’s a good idea to ask your artist before getting inked if they have any suggestions or advice.

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Yes your right if the material worn in your piercings are that of the pigment you can get a pretty good idea. Red is the color to watch out for, and your reserch has obviously paid off, maybe the others could sense that, I don’t know. It’s not sad, I’ve been busy, SORRY! If you have sensative skin, or are concerned about the alergic reaction than have your artist try a very small amount of colors in an area and see what happens, that is your best bet if you really want a tattoo without any problems. Good Luck with it!

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Thank you for your reply on that! Ya well I’ve read that reactions can sometimes turn up a year or even ten years later than when you got the tattoo. It’s sorta a luck thing; good news is that it’s rare.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.