*Jes*
    @

I have a personal tradition (long story) of every year tying a red string across my ankle. It’s a very emotional and religious personal thing for me. I can’t make up my mind if I want to get a permanent red string across my ankle. What do you think?

Andrea
    Participant
    @andrea

If you do this as a yearly tradition, is it like a renewal?

If you get a permanent tattoo of the red string, it is good in a sense that you will always have it with you and the string will never fall off. But its bad in the sense that you will no longer be carrying out your personal tradition to yourself.

Rule of thumb: If you have to ask, don’t do it.

rawkstarmaterial
    @

I think you should if it’s something you’re willing to deal with having for the rest of your life.

Blue
    Participant
    @blue

Even though xavier was kidding i agree w/ him, getting it inked would take away the yearly tradition so either every year you could make it thicker, or darker, etc. i have one i add to once a year, kind of the same. Plus red ink fades quicker than the darker inks so if you ended up not liking it if you get it fine enough you would prolly barely notice it after a few years, but it would be there just enough for you, and thats who really matters w/ this stuff.

Yeay! i was getting gloomy about the fate of tattoos so thank you for putting thought in 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.