ed_whitfield
    @

…sketch… what should I do? I’ve searched on the net for several hours looking for a sketch I like.

For my tattoo I was thinking of getting my Chinese Zodiac/Astrology: a yellow dragon fighting a black bull on my arm/upper chest. It’s for the year and month I was born in.

I would like to go into the tattoo parlor with a sketch I like so I don’t end up paying to remove it later down the line because I don’t like it.

Leslie
    Participant
    @leslie

The best bet when you can’t put it together is to talk to an artist first hand. They know how to work ideas together better and can usually get it right on in the first couple tries. You will be extremely happy with the results and it’s easier than you think. There is less embarrassment than most assume there will be to go right to the artist but my artist said he prefers to have people come to him when they can’t figure something out. That way he doesn’t have to rework it work as a good tattoo. The catch with going to an artist is most wont let you take a sketch out of their shop without putting money down on it as a way to maintain their work within their shop.

Either find someone who can draw and take it in to an artist, giving the time needed to find someone who can draw well enough to make it a recognizable tattoo. Or … go to an artist and let them do their job best from the start. I suggest going to an artist instantly and cutting the middle person and possibly a lot of extra work for an artist when you finally get a draw up. You’ve done the hard work now find an artist you trust, pay their price (the more detail and bigger the more it will cost!). Go to the source and if something isn’t right don’t rush, the only reason you’d regret it would be if you rushed and weren’t happy. Going to an artist will improve the odds of always liking it over making them do extra work and changing your mind down the road. This is just my take, I had my artist draw my most recent tattoo because I can’t draw and no one else could. He got it perfect the first time and put his own artistic touches into it making it even better than I expected it to be.

Danielle H
    @

Get some pictures of what you want (of the different things you want not in a whole concept yet). Find a tattoo person you like (style wise) look on line or go into shops and look at their work. The bring them your ideas and have them draw something up for you (note, this might come at an additional cost, but well worth it to get a quality tattoo, you are going to want to live with). Don’t be afraid of the tattoo shop, go in and look at the peoples books and ask questions.

M.B.
    @

Go into the shop and talk to your artist about the style and placement of the tattoo. If you cant find a sketch you like tell him or her to draw something up for you and you might be suprised. Also if you want an original design, dont turn to the internet.

shorty
    Participant
    @shorty

Think twice. More and more employers are choosing to not hire prospective employees if they have tatoos

MadamRapunzel
    @

go to a tat shop and the tattoo artist will draw you a sketch

anti_pop_chic
    @

go talk to your artist.. they’re as good on paper as they are on skin.. discuss what you want with them and they can draw it up for you.. they’ll work with you to make sure it’s drawn how you want..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.