Morgaine
    @

…portion of a painting? When I was 12 my mom took me to a museum exhibit and I really admired this painting and the artist’s life story. I am in my late teens now and I want to get a portion of it tattooed on my back because I feel I have a connection to this artist and their work. I have studied this artist and I have wanted the tattoo for years now.
    What do you think?

PLEASE consider that I don’t mind that this tattoo will be “wrinkly and ugly” when I am old. I am okay with that, and other technical negatives of tattoos.
    Thank you. I was just wondering if there was some sort of flaw in my reasoning here, that’s all. Something I overlooked…

country_girl
    Participant
    @country_girl

I think it sounds amazing. It is a connection to you, so you will probably always love it!

crazy_cat_lady
    @

That’s great that you found something that is you, and not something somebody else got. I hate when people go to a place and say I want this tattoo, when it is somebodies Else’s… does that make sense? But anyways. You seem to have looked into it, and you are dead set on what you want. I would say go for it. I love my tattoos, and wouldn’t think twice about it. Just start saving up some money, take the picture to a tattoo artist and make sure it would be ok to put on the skin, something look great on paper but you might not get the same effect as you are wanting.

belooop
    @

Obviously you’ve thought about it, and if it means that much, I would have to say “go for it,” but what’s more important than what other people think about how good of an idea your tattoo will be, is the artist you choose to do it, which is a lot harder than deciding if you want the tattoo or not.

But it sounds like you’re having some doubts, since you’re asking if we think it’s a good idea or not.

Take it from someone who has tattoos – wait until you’re completely positive.

You can also check your area for local shops that to “airbrush” tattoos, which are temporary tattoos that last for about a week. If you get it and you still want to get it permanently, then go for it. 🙂

somebody
    Participant
    @somebody

not at all. i have quite a few friends who have gotten tattoos of paintings. my husband is planning on getting one soon too. i have never really found a painting that has awed me so much that i want to get it permanently inked on my body but if it means that much to you, you should definitely get it.
    however you should wait until you are old enough to get the tattoo legally (if you aren’t already) and you should also be careful of your artist selection because a great tattoo idea can really turn out awful if the wrong person does it. artist selection is THE most important aspect of getting a tattoo in my opinion.

froglover_mh
    @

Sounds like you have been thinking about this for a while. And I think you have already made up your mind. I have 4 tattoos and each one of them means something to me. I don’t take into consideration what others may think of them, because I got them for myself to enjoy.

trxr4kdz
    @

as long as you have a quality artist Id say go for it Im glad u r choosing a tat that has special meaning to u

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.