Head
    @

…you think less of me? If so i want some details i want so nice long answers I want to know why im/we are looked at like bums?!
    Let me just give you an idea of what i look like lol I have a Black and White mohawk, My Lobes are at 7/8th of an inch My Conch is a at a Zero My Septum is at a 10 my Labret is at a 10 And just covered in Tattoos

etrigone
    Participant
    @etrigone

If you lived here in my home town, I probably couldn’t pick you out of the crowd. It’s a university town, and the town itself is hardly a suit & tie kind of place. I do live where I do for a reason…

People look at tattoos & piercings for reasons similar to why they used to look at long hair, t-shirts, women in pants, etc. Don’t worry about those who have a problem. They’ll be dead, one way or another, soon enough.

Side note: your 2nd & 3rd picture in your 360 album are the same. I assume you have more ink that the one picture. A neck tattoo doesn’t quite count as a “lot”. 🙂

atomickitty
    Participant
    @atomickitty

because people like to label everyone/everything…they prefer to believe stereotypes instead of forming their own opinions…

Anita
    @

Tattoos and piercings are sexy! Throw in a mohawk and you got the perfect man right there.

Leslie
    Participant
    @leslie

I don’t think less of you. I would be more inclined to ask you what the meaning behind some of your tattoos is because I love tattoos. I have one myself and plans for more. I also have five piercings and plans for more of those as well. It’s a way to personally express yourself. It’s stupid, immature and wrong for people to judge you by your hair, piercings and tattoos. I wont go into details about how they are wrong and should be ashamed like many do. It’s just not my style, instead I suggest that you make the best of it and prove yourself as a good person with body modifications aside. Use the stares and glares as a chance to smile, say hello, have a nice day, generally be nice. And to follow my own suggestion, have a nice day! Rock the body art and mods!

Edit: What color(s) are in your hair, Zombie? I have a fading 🙁 hot pink in mine right now and blond highlights on the top. Thinking about changing the pink to lipstick red and getting the blond redone. I love personal expression like this, an automatic incite to how spunky you are!

pierceandtattoome
    @

Society views people that are different as threats. It’s all about the violation of social norms and such.

I applaud your mohawk, piercings and tattoos. Physical appearance doesn’t make me think less of anyone, with all the thinks I’ve done over the years I’d be hippocrytical if i did. (I <3 piercings and tattoos, thus my yahooID)

butterfly_261
    @

You’re not a bum and not a weirdo, try thinking something like you are a peice of art, and other people are trying to figure you out. Nothing wrong with it, some people just try to figure out how you do anything…Keep them guessing.
    😀

Lil Sexy Biker Chic
    @

Wow sounds nice, i think you rock!

Mimi
    Participant
    @mimi

I think you sound awesome! Most of the people I know would say you were a lesser person

MissAlishaDJ
    @

Personally, I have no problem with mow-hawks and tattoos. I hang out those type of people and they’re no different than me… Other than their appearance. That look doesn’t work for me, I guess. I think people have a problem with it because they’re uncomfortable with someone who looks “different”. Maybe, they simply wish they had that boldness to stand out. Maybe they think you look “mean” and they’re afraid of it. Who knows? People think all sorts of weird things that aren’t true, but I say good for you for standing out and if someone wants to judge you and think that you’re a bum… then oh well, it’s not worth you’re time to worry over what they think, because that makes them ignorant. Yep.

leave_me_roses
    @

well, not to me. but most people think less of you guys becaus you look like you don’t care.

HairTeazer
    @

first off, I’m a sleeved chick, from wrist to my bicep on my right arm. I do have other tattoos, ankles, lower back piece. I have several piercings, my nose, and different places. My hair is fire engine red. I just wanted to sort of qualify myself.

Yeah I get looks, from staring to googling at me. For me it’s wierd, I can walk into wal-mart and have security follow me around the place, to going to Dior for a purse and being treating like a regular customer.From the business man who wants me to spank him, thinking I’m some sort of freak to the religious freaks who leave me stuff on my window of car, cause they think I must be a satanist.

I do have a career, a job I love. I work in the hair industry, I work for a amazing company. When people first meet me they are shocked that I have a career, I pay my bills, pay my mortage. I work in a field where individuality is respected, not held against you.

I also know that maybe sometimes my choices to be colorful, are not the norm for most people. So if I get a stare or two it’s ok, it sort of goes along with territory. But I also know, when I open that door for that little old lady, maybe next time she wouldn’t be so freaked when she see’s a tattooed person. The sad thing is people only see what they want to see. In my experience, tattooed people are the most friendliest people I know, we are more open to new experiences and open to new things life has to offer.
    Would I think less of you ? Hell no
    I embrace your individuality. Just sad that more of the world doesn’t see it that clearly.

PURR GIRL TORI
    @

Hell no! Most of my friends are pierced or have lots of tats or at least sleeves, and as far as your Mohawk, I bet it looks good. I REALLY hate this close minded society that *automatically* just assumes that if someone looks like you or me that we are somehow 1. not responsible. 2. hate ourselves. 3. thief’s. 4. drug addicts. 6. people out to cause trouble. It makes me SO mad when people give me, you know, THAT look, like, ” Who ARE you, and WHY do you have your forearm covered in cat tattoos?” Most of the time they’re so much a part of my body that I even forget they’re even there. I bet you’re a cool person, and ANYONE who judges a person by their appearance is another sort of racist. Only YOU have the right to be YOURSELF. (sorry I got so angry, this is one topic that gets me going. )

*ZoMB!E *
    @

i think not the least bit less of you, cause i have many piercings, tattoos and odd colored hair as well..

the other day i was in walmart, i bought a dvd..the lady didn’t do the magnet thing on it right so when i walked out of the store the alarm went off..now as i was standing in line, the alarm went off for an old lady, and i watched as the door greeter let her keep walking..when the alarm went off for me she stopped me telling me to show her whats in my bag..i gave her my reciept and my bag, before she could look she told me to take everything out of my backpack..but once she saw that i had donated money to the sick kids by buying some of those balloon things she told me to stop..i was quite pissed off so i made it a point to take everything out of my bag, show her recipets for items i bought at a different store..she kept telling me to stop and i refused and told her i saw her let the old lady go, and the only reason she stopped me was because of the way i look..it really really pissed me off! i don’t know why i’m tying this all out..

i know that by the way we dress/look, people are going to judge us no matter what..it’s just sad that people have to think less of us, or think that we are up to no good by our appearence..they don’t know us and they shouldn’t judge..but that’s how life is i guess..

my hair is half and half..half black on top, half blonde underneath..but on the top i have bleach blonde and bright red streaks..i have my lip tounge and eyebrow pierced..6 in my ears all gauged going from small on the top one to big on the bottom..and i had between my eyes pierced but took it out due to rejection last week :[ i miss it but i’ll get it redone sometime!! i have 5 stars with flames on each wrist, a lower back piece and the slipknot logo on my leg..i’m getting two stars on my hipbones or the In Flames cd cover of Come Clarity on the back of my leg [above the akelis tendon..sp?]..i’m so excited haha

jkc
    Participant
    @jkc

When I read your question I knew you’d mostly get supporters responding because those who generally respond negatively to tattoo/piercing questions do so just to give an opinion about something that has nothing to do with the question asked. When out right asked what they think they don’t seem willing to step up and say why because they know how they will come across.
    The biggest thing I’ve learned since getting tattoos is to never judge a book by it’s cover.
    Enjoy life while you can with no regrets!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.