iPod Touch Guru
    @

I’m a Christian and I’m getting one today.

Thardus
    @

I’m a Christian, and I personally see no reason to get one. I would have to know the motives, but only God and you can truly know the reasons. If you could use that to glorify God in some way, then it would be okay. I don’t see how people can get past that. I would really want to know why you want one.

Tattoos inevitably draw attention, and that is something the Bible warns against. The Bible says to dress modestly (1 Timothy 2:9). Of course, you can get tattoos in other places that are not usually seen (back, behind, etc), but then the motive really comes into question. So, any way I look at it, tattoos are something that Christians don’t need.

On the most personal level, I am simply very tight with my money. Tattoos seem like a waste of money for any reason, because as a Christian, I can’t use a tattoo to glorify God, and I am also stuck with it. Pray about your decision before you do it, and ask God to grant you the knowledge to do what is right and what will glorify Him.

witchy boy1989
    @

I mark my body all the time…and I’m a total Pagan…yay for Paganism….but nope I don’t have a tatoo…they’re kind of ugly when they fade and don’t get a big heart with someone’s name in it….what will happen when you break up? Will you have to cut the tattoo off? ouch!

Suzanne
    @

Jesus’ sacrificial death nailed ALL of the commandments to the cross (Col. 2:13-14). We are freed by the undeserved grace of God.

As long as the tattoo doesn’t blaspheme God’s name (for example, a tattoo of a religious idol), you are free to do as you wish. I saw an article about a man in England who got a tattoo of his entire family on his back. My daughter has a tattoo on her shoulder that says “Maranatha!” Why would either tattoo anger God?

Geisha VT poser
    @

lol mark of the beast!
    go for it, you’ll regret it in a few years time though.

jinenglish68
    @

ALL tattoos are ugly.

Unless you are in the military or some other organization like that, they are stupid as well.

tkd
    @

I really don’t pay much attention to the religous beliefs of someone who wants a tattoo. If you want one, get one. Nobody should judge you getting a tattoo because of your belief system. My personal opinion is that a mark on your body (if you got it put there or if you were born with it) won’t change your heart and soul.

Good luck – I’ve heard they hurt a lot!

victor 7707
    @

The Bible talks about not putting marks on your Body in the old Testament. Don’t do something you might regret later, I know people who got one before they were a Christian and now they are ashamed of it. Jesus said to come out and be ye seperate, if a non believer sees your tattoo will he think you are a Christian at first notice. Remember the Apostle Paul said that if meat offended his brother he would he no meat while the world stood, tattoo’s like alot of things come with a perception, in America it will be hard to be a witness for Christ if you have one, let alone getting one if you are already a Christian. Pray about this, tattoos today usually affiliate you with something, and its not got nothing todo with the Church.

Misfit
    @

It’s fine. Because you are not getting 666 tattoo right? Duh. Haha …

primoa1970
    @

I believe it goes against the Scriptures……which tell us not to mark our bodies like the pagans.

I’m sure this applies for us today as well as the OT faithful

Leviticus 19:28 “’Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD

The Reverend Soleil
    @

I miss the good old days, when only sailors and biker chicks had tattoos….

Linz ? VT
    @

Cool what are you getting?

I think it should be perfectly acceptable. It’s your body. I have one tattoo. I want more, but my fiance doesn’t like them, so I guess I won’t be getting anymore.

Ralfcoder
    @

The religious aspect doesn’t make any difference to me, but I’m an atheist. I don’t see any connection between the two.

But I’m opposed to tattoos in general, especially on my skin. If you gotta get one, at least get something subtle, in a spot that can be covered up. I think the worst ones are the big garish ones. To me, they make a person look cheap and trashy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.