kdfirekat
    @

Ok. So my brother had a tat of the sun in the middle of his upper back. I want to get something similar, but also add a red-tailed hawk grasping a penny (personal symbolism for my brother). I was thinking about getting this in the same spot he had his, but I can’t decide how big to get it or where to place the hawk…above, below, beside, across..the sun. I am not a super skinny girl, but certainly not fat either.
    Anyone have suggestions on what to do as far as size and placement of design?
    I’d really appreciate any input.
    Also, preemptively, I’d like to go ahead and say that I appreciate and respect all opinions, but please don’t tell me tats are stupid, trashy, ugly, or whatever the hell you negatively think about them. I don’t care. I am well into adulthood and can make my own decisions.
    Thank you in advance to all of you with creative vision and helpful ideas.
    thanks ‘somebody’. your idea sounds beautiful. i have two potential artists in mind, so will have to present ideas to both of them and see who seems most receptive.

Nuk-Shay
    @

i agree with going in and getting it sized … some tattoos might need to be big depends on the details. But be fussy about it. If you think its too big or to small tell them and you guys can fix it up together … and for where to put the hawk … get the artist to play with the pic a bit .. ask him how he thinks it should be. In away thats kinda what they are there for … I brought a pic of what i wanted and he ended up changing a bunch of stuff on it and it looks alot better. hope that helps … good luck

somebody
    Participant
    @somebody

to get any kind of detail, especially with a penny the tattoo would have to be fairly large but the artist would be the best person to tell you the ideal size for the tattoo. i would say the whole thing would need to be atleast five inches tall and however wide to make it look proportionate. when i imagine the image you describe i see a realistic sun, like a sunset just very round but with a kind of blur on the edge. i see a branch with the bird perched on it in front of the sun so it would look like you were watching a sunset but the bird is in front of you obstructing your view of the whole sun.
    that’s just my first impression. i hope that helped some.

please be sure to pick a talented artist to do your tattoo. there are plenty of artists out there but not plenty of good ones. your tattoo sounds like it could be awesome but it could also totally suck if you get a bad artist.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.