JessG
    @

Ok so I am about to get my first permanent work of art on my body (It is currently being drawn up)…… and i want it on the side of my torso, just above the hip, up to just below my breast…… but heaps of people say it is going to hurt heaps over the ribs……. pls any one out there, can you let me know of your experiences….

tattattattedup
    Participant
    @tattattattedup

well i have a huge tattoo in the same place and it didnt really bother me once the filling in started… but all inall to me it didnt hurt that much cause iwas talkin to my artist alot and that helped to keep my mind off , it will hurt alot afterwards though, cause its in a spot thas constantly bent and twisted ya know with sittin down and bending over and stuff like that,it gets really irritating. you should be fine though

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Hello JessG, it depends alot on your ability to take pain. Women have a higher tolerance for pain because of the way the body is built, for child birth and such. It will hurt more in the healing process than it will during the session, because your endorphines are rushing to attack the source of pain. It won’t be an excrusiating pain though it will be tolerable.

Good Luck, and show some pictures when it is done!

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

The trick with the ribs is to try to relax as much as possible, for me the rib area is the most difficult part of the body to do this when getting tattooed, the whole torso can get quite tense and that becomew tiring. I find the pain during the tattoo i more in the muscles around the area rather than the actual needles. If you can settle down into it quick enough you will be fine, if you are tense it will be hard work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.