tattattattedup
    Participant
    @tattattattedup

i jus got a tat yesterday its not my first…. but sumone hugged me really hard and didnt know i had it….. now its all super red.. and when i cleaned it little black specs came off on the cotton i used to apply the ointment….. im wondering if this is normal or wat… cause this never happend with any of my other tattoos i think it might be because there was alot of pressure put on it…. now today the rest of the tat is fine except for one area which is extremely red and swollen ….. what can i do to stop the swelling… the tatto is a side piece beginning right at my last rib and ending right above my hip bone…. i think sittin down and gettin up irritates it as welll… i just wanna make sure that my tattoos isn’t/ does’nt get damaged….

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

No I don’t think your tattoo is ruined. It is normal to have some flaking from it. The redness and swelling could be an infection, but as long as you’re keeping it cleaned up and putting some anti-bacterial cream on it, like A+D. Your tattoo is somewhat distressed, it was an open wound that went through a tramatic expierience, just make sure to keep it cleaned up and plenty of clean open air. Let it heal just like the rest of your tattoos, it should be fine.

I strongly recommened that you see your doctor if the swelling and redness persist……
    Like three days or more……

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

sounds like itsd in a place that will get irritated anyway. If your tat is on a natural crease line in your skin you might expect it to feel sore but as sharp shorty said if the swelling etc lasts more than a few days then ask a doctor to take a look at it and possibly get some antibacterial cream to sooth it.

little black specs coming off could be all sorts of things.

dried blood is black so any part of the scab flaking might be black in colour.

doesnt sound like any real reason to be alarmed but be extra vigilant when keeping it clean.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.