AngstyArmadillo
Participant
@angstyarmadillo

I was curious if there are tattoo artists that specialize in anatomically-correct designs, who maybe even have some medical training, specifically for surgical anatomy.

Here is what I’m trying to do: about 9 years ago I broke my elbow so badly they had to surgically reinforce the joint with 2 metal plates and 18 screws. I’m interested in getting a tattoo that accurately depicts where these plates are in my arm. I have two x-rays which I could upload here, and I plan to request my medical records once I track down the hospital (I was ambulanced to another hospital for the surgery) so I can get all the notes.

I really want the tattoo to be as accurate as possible. I’ve seen strangers online who got similar types of tattoos so I wondered if there are any artists out there specialized in this kind of thing. Even if I get help from a doctor to understand for myself where the plates are, it would be best if I worked with an artist who has some knowledge of this type of thing as well, in order to get the most accurate results for placement.

Is this a thing? Are there tattoo artists that specialize in surgeries? And are they affordable?

On the flip side, are there any medical professionals out there who help with this kind of thing?

I’ve had this idea for 3+ years and I’m finally getting serious about making this tattoo happen. Currently in the early stages of planning logistics and just thought I’d reach out here to see if I can find someone who could help guide me through the process. Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.