sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Well, I want to talk about Oklahoma………

They just legalized tattooing in the state,(last two years or so), I’ve got relatives there and they say in Tulsa the shops are going to kill people…………..they are related to an artist, we have to be very clean here in Wisconsin, they’ve been to the shops here so they are going by Wisconsin standards. They went in to three places, walked out of every one, I just gave my nephew his first tattoo, he came all the way from Oklahoma!

Is anybody working out of Oklahoma, or planning on it? Let us know what kind of rules your dealing with.

One of the shops had GARBAGE piled in the corner of the work area:(, he showed me pictures on his phone, it wasn’t bagged garbage, it was Hardees wrappers:eek:, coffee grounds:eek:, all kinds of crap piled up!!!:confused:

Now we get checked profusly here, that would NEVER fly!! We would get shut down in a heartbeat……….

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

my first job in a tattoo parlour consisted of scrubbing the floors with bleach every morning before cleaning down all the counters and ensuring everything was as clean as i could get it before the shop opened.

i mean would people go to a dirty surgeons ?

Same thing in my opinion

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Just as well I say. Hep C is rife at the moment and people aren’t realising until 10 15 years later, once they’ve spreed it around a little.

The day will come when cleansliness hits rediculous levels for everyone, because the minority can’t be arsed to keep up and let everyone else in the business down. Sergical gowns and face masks would deinately take the experience away from my visits.
    🙁

Bendy
    Participant
    @bendy

Hell yeah, should be selling sterilisers with starter kits, cant stop the flow but at least try and regulate it. Price of a new Autoclave might stem the flow a tad, if it was law. As a tattoo artist can’t believe the number of crap tattoos around and I’m not even close to best. Remember, do only the jobs you feel confident doing, double and triple check that your customer is happy with their design and above all, respect your clients and their bodies, it may be a buck to you but it could be a life-sentence for them.

Bendy
    Participant
    @bendy

Hell yeah, should be selling sterilisers with starter kits, cant stop the flow but at least try and regulate it. Price of a new Autoclave might stem the flow a tad, if it was law. As a tattoo artist can’t believe the number of crap tattoos around and I’m not even close to best. Remember, do only the jobs you feel confident doing, double and triple check that your customer is happy with their design and above all, respect your clients and their bodies, it may be a buck to you but it could be a life-sentence for them.

Bendale
    Participant
    @bendale

Man, ive almost turned into a full blown germaphob now that i work in a shop:eek: I scrub everything to no end, no nasty germies gettin in here:cool:
    But i am curious, i use the bag over my machine, but some artists dont…is it personal preference?or just an extra step in a sterile enviroment?

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

for quite a while now it has been forum rules that equipment, the use of and also techniqes are not to be discussed in the open forum, these discussions are only allowed in the pro artist section.

Bendale
    Participant
    @bendale

my bad:( i totally knew that too, i remember the message when i joined….i’ll keep it down

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    Bendale;51684 wrote:
    my bad:( i totally knew that too, i remember the message when i joined….i’ll keep it down

thankyou for your co-operation 😉

Crackbaby
    Participant
    @crackbaby

I am in oklahoma and have read the bill in its entirety, I have also dealt directly with a health dept. official. On the surface the law was designed with the strictest legal guidelines. I would personally say they are probably some of the strictest in the nation with a few possible exceptions. They bragged in news articles when the bill was being passed about consulting APT on what they felt would be appropriate and the fact that we are the buckle of the bible belt and social conservatives hold alot of sway politically they pushed it as far as they could in making it as hard as possible to get going.

That being said we are also one of those states that likes to push for the harshest standard, while at the same time, we tend to be far from willing to pay the taxes needed to enforce those harsh laws to any real affect. For the first 2-3 years oklahoma only devoted about 10 staff members statewide for enforcement of said standards. The parts of the law that were heavily enforced regarded the income the state wanted to get from high license fees. As far as enforcement of shop standards it leaves a bad taste in my mouth personally. There are great artists and shops here, but you have to search alot. OKC tends to draw the good ones and have better enforcement because of proximity to the capital and the state health dept. offices.

Zorba
    Participant
    @zorba
    Crackbaby;110193 wrote:
    … we are the buckle of the bible belt and social conservatives hold alot of sway politically…

Social conservatives can go straight to their Hell, and stay there. They can take the fiscal liberals with them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.