Tasos Christos
Participant
@tasos-christos

Hi guys.. I have 11 tattoos, most of them with outlines and some of them mostly with shadowing. The problem is that after months or years, the tattoos with lines are still raised and itchy. I was thinking that the artist has gone too deep into the skin, but some of them are made by different artists. Do you think there is something wrong with my skin?
Is there a trick to heal or lower them? I bought a vitamin E oil that I’m using sometimes when it’s really itchy.. Thanks!

Amok
Participant
@amok

Got any pics? Could be a mild allergy to a particular type of ink.

Tasos Christos
Participant
@tasos-christos

@Amok 144268 wrote:

Got any pics? Could be a mild allergy to a particular type of ink.

It’s hard for me to upload all photos. And it wouldn’t really help you because you can tell only by touching it.
I have tattoos by several artists, I dont think they all use the same ink. But all my tattoos are black & grey..
Is there a way to completely heal-lower them or they will always be like that?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Probably scaring as the tattooist went to deep

Tasos Christos
Participant
@tasos-christos

@buttwheat 144284 wrote:

Probably scaring as the tattooist went to deep

I was thinking the same. But I have raised and itchy tattoos from 5 different artists. They can’t all be bad artists. Anyway, is there something to heal them?

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

if its is raised an itchy then its possible you ahve a slight alergy or similar to perhaps the ink or as buttwheat said perhaps it was done to deep.

pics would help.

in the meantime visit a doctor and get them to check them out for safety and then also visit your tattoo artist and ask for advice on ointment etc. they will likely suggest bepanthen or similar as its very widely used for tattoo’s and promotes healing but you need to ensure there isnt an allergy going on so doctors first!!

Tasos Christos
Participant
@tasos-christos

@turbosatan 144315 wrote:

if its is raised an itchy then its possible you ahve a slight alergy or similar to perhaps the ink or as buttwheat said perhaps it was done to deep.

pics would help.

in the meantime visit a doctor and get them to check them out for safety and then also visit your tattoo artist and ask for advice on ointment etc. they will likely suggest bepanthen or similar as its very widely used for tattoo’s and promotes healing but you need to ensure there isnt an allergy going on so doctors first!!

Thanks for the answer. I’m using a vitamin E oil when it feels really itchy and raised. But it happenens really often and randomly. Thanks anyway

ThePanda
Participant
@thepanda

i agree with what others have said. This reminds me of a tattoo i got from my cousin when he first started tattooing. His machines were not properly tuned and were running way too hot (fast) and he overworked the skin by going over the same lines a couple times. Instead of proper needle technique he was essentially cutting the skin.

His thinking was to give me some “nice thick lines” lol

looking back i see all the mistakes he made reflected in the tattoo.

You are not going to die, do not worry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.