spordaic
Participant
@spordaic

Hello, I’m a noob to tatts but have read up on a lot of aftercare instructions and related information. I’m still however concerned since i haven’t first hand experienced the tattoo healing process, on knowing if it looks normal.

I got this tattoo in the afternoon on saturday which means today would be my second day (in the afternoon). Does it look like it’s healing properly? I’m not sure if it’s scabbed and should be applying less Aquaphor or viceversa….

spordaic
Participant
@spordaic

Not sure if the picture links work…but if not i uploaded the same pictures to my profile so you can see

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

It looks fine/normal. Use less Aquaphor, if your skin is shiny a few minutes after you apply it then you are using too much.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Stop using crap on it and let it dry out a bit.

spordaic
Participant
@spordaic

@buttwheat 144259 wrote:

Thanks for the response! So do you think i should shower like once daily and clean with the unscented antimicrobial soap and then blot it dry and leave it be? Would that be the best course of action for how it currently looks?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Wash it a couple times of day dry it and keep it dry. put some unscented lotion on it once or twice a day if it feels tight.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the form!

It looks okay, and like others have said, use ointment sparingly.

What is the tattoo? A brand name? (I’m an old fart and don’t keep up with some things)

spordaic
Participant
@spordaic

@Sam-I-Am 144262 wrote:

Welcome to the form!

It looks okay, and like others have said, use ointment sparingly.

What is the tattoo? A brand name? (I’m an old fart and don’t keep up with some things)

It’s actually a personal logo I use on things I design anywhere from graphics to photography and sculpture and music. So a personal crest if you will.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@spordaic 144263 wrote:

It’s actually a personal logo I use on things I design anywhere from graphics to photography and sculpture and music. So a personal crest if you will.

Nice! I’m working on a similar idea. A type of “trademark” for when I retire in a few years.

spordaic
Participant
@spordaic

Update: So it peeled and it’s mostly all good so far just some little missing flakes here and there! It looks like it’ll need two peeling though to look it’s best but I’m happy with it so far!

ThePanda
Participant
@thepanda

@buttwheat 144259 wrote:

this ^^

There are hundreds of ways people say to aftercare a tattoo, and everyone swears by their own way

Here’s what I do personally.

after i tattoo i put a light coat of A&D or similar (store brands are fine) ointment

pretty much after that i clean it once before and once after work with some green soap (a great investment for $5)

Just leave it alone throughout the day, most people love to over lotion the skin during the healing process. Dont be that guy

RHCPinYourStep
Participant
@rhcpinyourstep

The most fun part about getting tattoos is finding the after care that works for you. Most people go by feel, and too much ointment is usually the problem (Been there, but i’ve been told better, so now I know). I have friends who have washed out tattoos missing ink because they smother their tattoos in ointment for a week, but less is more like most others have said.

I personally prefer the FAINTEST amount of aquaphor. A and D makes my skin crazy.
I even pat the excess off with a napkin after I apply.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I just leave mine the fuck alone tbh. I don’t wrap it or cover it or ointment it. Just let it do its thing. If its gets real dry for any reason i put the tiniest bit of bepanthen on to let it get some moisture in it and then i go back to ignoring it. I have never lost any colour or had any problems and am typically healed within 2 weeks even with a large thigh piece or two.

Like the others said, everyone has their own ways. I’m allergic to like… everything, so im better off letting my body do what it does best and heal itself.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.