Dressesandshoes87
Participant
@dressesandshoes87

Hello everyone! So glad I’ve found this forum. Lots of excellent information in here! I just got my first large tattoo on my calf (already have a smaller one on the bottom of my book) and I’m not sure what to expect from a large tattoo healing.
I’ve been doing everything my tattoo advised so I’m washing it once a day with soap, patting it and applying bepanthan 3-4 times a day. I just wondered if this looks like the normal healing stages. As you can see, the majority of the tattoo is doing fine but the little red blobs are concerning me. Are they supposed to be there? Is it part of the scabbing or something to worry about? Advice and thoughts appreciated.

Ps. This is day four of my tattoo and it’s just started the generic itching phase but other than that, no other issues.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

The fuzzy lines look like a “blowout” to me. When the needle goes too deep the ink spreads out under the top layer of your skin.
I’m not sure about the red marks, but the tattoo itself has issues.

Keep us posted.

Dressesandshoes87
Participant
@dressesandshoes87

Thanks for your insight. 🙂
I’m now on day eight and it’s looking good. Red splodges have all but gone and Im now onto the incredibly itchy and peeling stage!
Will ask my tattooist about the lines when I go for my next sitting.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Dar she blows

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Holy cow, that tattoo is blown out!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.