Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I’ve head discussions about Saniderm from time to time and my impression was of something like “Contact Paper” that you would line your kitchen shelf with.

After todays session I was presented with an application of Tatuderm. Probably the same as Saniderm. For first application, I am impressed. I was told to keep it on for 24 hours, remove, wash, dry tattoo, then re apply and leave on for up to five days.

I’ll see how it works. First, you can hardly see it, Second, it moves with your skin, and third, it doesn’t unwrap like plastic wrap.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I used it for the first time on my last one. Its amazing. But during the 4 day it completely stuck to the tattoo mking bending my arm painful.
    Regardless it was the smoothest nd quickest heal ive ever had. I WIll use it every time from here on out.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 142242 wrote:

I used it for the first time on my last one. Its amazing. But during the 4 day it completely stuck to the tattoo mking bending my arm painful.
    Regardless it was the smoothest nd quickest heal ive ever had. I WIll use it every time from here on out.

That’s what I’m told. And the guy that recommended it first used it on his neck.

Did you change it after 24 hours? That was something I hadn’t heard before.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Yeah. 24 hours then remove clean nd let dry then reapply.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I only used it once but loved it also 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I used it once it was the worst tattoo heal I’ve had. I don’t know if that was the cause or not but I haven’t used it since

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 142254 wrote:

I used it once it was the worst tattoo heal I’ve had. I don’t know if that was the cause or not but I haven’t used it since

Was that on a penis tattoo?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Sam-I-Am 142261 wrote:

Was that on a penis tattoo?

Yes it was hard to wrap it around something that small

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

@Sam-I-Am 142241 wrote:

I’ve head discussions about Saniderm from time to time and my impression was of something like “Contact Paper” that you would line your kitchen shelf with.

After todays session I was presented with an application of Tatuderm. Probably the same as Saniderm. For first application, I am impressed. I was told to keep it on for 24 hours, remove, wash, dry tattoo, then re apply and leave on for up to five days.

I’ll see how it works. First, you can hardly see it, Second, it moves with your skin, and third, it doesn’t unwrap like plastic wrap.

so ya,again I used saniderm on my new tattoo,

I kept the original saran wrap & Vaseline on for about 5 hours,then washed it with anti-microbial soap,(tattoo finished about 4PM)

*this was “scrubbing hard in warm water with my hand and anti-microbial soap in the shower*

then applied some cocoa butter and another saran wrap until the next morning,then washed again with anti-microbial soap,

then I applied saniderm the following morning (Thursday) (no butter or anything) and didn’t take it off until Sunday,no fluid appeared anymore and it was perfectly healed,I love this stuff.

the secret is to apply saniderm after most of the initial fluids have come out,after the first 8 or 10 hours IMO

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.