izziekue
Participant
@izziekue

So I just recently became the proud owner of a beautiful owl tattoo on my inner forearm. I’ve wanting this damn thing for years and finally had it done on Saturday(8/23) in a 3 hour session, with only one break.
y2P5bE.jpg

I didn’t feel much of anything when it was being done aside form a slight vibration from the gun. When we were all done, my artist cleansed my tattoo, put a thin layer of Vaseline, then wrapped my arm in the plastic wrap, telling me to take it off in 2-4 hours.
guzzZC.jpg

After removal I was to told to use a non-scented anti-bacterial hand soap and luke warm water to remove all the Vaseline and what blood and plasma had remain. Then I was to let it air dry. Day one I followed all of these. I was told from day one on to gentle cleanse the same way 2-5 times a day as I noticed any seepage, and after 5 days to start applying lotion when it started getting taunt.
8RepCt.jpg tpiJNS.jpg

My problem is that my skin, on day 2, became very dry, and my tattoo began to crack, so I cleansed, waited and applied my non-scented lotion very thinly, and patted off the excess. (I for some reason didn’t take of pic of it like a moron -.-”)

It’s day three now, and I have had to cleanse and apply lotion aprox. 5 times today due to how severely, and quickly it keeps drying out. BUT the last time, it behaved how my pictures show. I have weird patches of color and line that look kind of like toad skin or cottage cheese.
dzR7iQ.jpg a7nYGJ.jpg

I’m currently about to go to bed, after attempting a modified routine, I’m going to wash hands(like always) then do the cleanse, but no lotion. I’m not sure if its an allergy or not, so figured I’ll use the power of sleep and bennydril to try to help.

What does it look like to you folks. Normal? A reaction to the ink or perhaps the soap? It only feels irritated right after I’ve done the washing, but the irritation is like that of a mild sunburn.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

You can’t link pictures using just the image name of your computer… It needs to be either uploaded to this forum or linked from the internet.
A tattoo feeling like a mild sunburn after a few days is however completely normal. No idea how it looks though.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

89644d1400376867-my-sharpness-test-results-tamron-150-600-yodapic.jpg

izziekue
Participant
@izziekue

@poxphobia 141394 wrote:

You can’t link pictures using just the image name of your computer… It needs to be either uploaded to this forum or linked from the internet.
A tattoo feeling like a mild sunburn after a few days is however completely normal. No idea how it looks though.

Thank you for the tip. going to update that now. I had uploaded them to my image shack account though.

This morning I woke up and while it was dry, it wasn’t sore and all the lumps I was worried about were gone. I think I wasn’t leaving enough time between cleaning, drying and moisturizing. I”m having to head out to work ( I have my own soap and my lotion to use when needed,) but I’ll try to get pictures of it today.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

pics are to small to see anything

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

From what I can tell by the pictures, it’s just normal scabbing. To be expected with that type of aftercare. Doesn’t look like anything to worry about.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.