Mel Martin
    Participant
    @mel-martin

I have had my fair share of tattoos. I do heal ‘weird’ as I think my skin is sensitive or just finicky. I got a good size tattoo on my upper thigh, but the part that goes to the inner part of my thigh is still a little sore and is slightly red. It doesn’t feel exceptionally warm or anything. It isn’t oozing or swollen. Just a little red and still irritated. I am not one to go to the doctor and get antibiotics, so I don’t want to do so in haste.

I got the tattoo done 6 days ago.

I appreciate any input!

no8vsx.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Yes it is but it looks pretty mild. take a pen and mark the outside edge of the redness if it continues to grow seek medical attention

Mel Martin
    Participant
    @mel-martin

Thanks Buttwheat.

I have a couple follow up questions (I have never dealt with this before):

Can I use coconut oil on it instead of moisturizer? (100% organic, cold pressed. It is what I use as a body lotion)
    Should I apply Tea Tree oil to the affected area?

If I should not, is there anything I can do besides the basic soap and water cleaning and aquaphor?

Thanks again. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Mel

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Just keep it clean and use a first aid type cream on it unless it spreads then seek medical attention

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Don’t use moisturizer on it. This is an infected wound, not dry skin ๐Ÿ™‚ What you need is an ointment that helps with minor infections. I use one called Bacimycin on mine, but I’m in europe and not sure if it’s available where you are, but any drug store/pharmacy should have something similar.

Mel Martin
    Participant
    @mel-martin

@poxphobia 139305 wrote:

Don’t use moisturizer on it. This is an infected wound, not dry skin ๐Ÿ™‚ What you need is an ointment that helps with minor infections. I use one called Bacimycin on mine, but I’m in europe and not sure if it’s available where you are, but any drug store/pharmacy should have something similar.

Makes complete sense. Sometimes mine (common sense) escapes me. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am keeping an eye on it and am going to get some. I will probably have to get a touch up, but that isn’t a big deal. Thank you so much for your input, I appreciate it!

Mel Martin
    Participant
    @mel-martin

I am happy to report that after just a few hours my redness has lessened and any warmth I had has dissipated.

Thanks again. I will post a follow up photo begining of next week.

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

for the first week or so after a new tattoo,I use a antimicrobial soap before & after Saniderm,

something like this from my local pharmacy in warm to hot water using the palm of your hand. Skin Care – Prima-Kare Medicated Soap – STERIS Life Sciences

Mel Martin
    Participant
    @mel-martin

Thanks! I will be getting this one touched up and will definitely be getting some of this. Any infection is now gone, it only took a couple days.

Ty ๐Ÿ™‚

@NorCalDan 139386 wrote:

for the first week or so after a new tattoo,I use a antimicrobial soap before & after Saniderm,

something like this from my local pharmacy in warm to hot water using the palm of your hand. Skin Care – Prima-Kare Medicated Soap – STERIS Life Sciences

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.