stormiez
Participant
@stormiez

Hey guys, second post, second tattoo.
Alright so my first tattoo healed up NICELY and it still looks like the ink is brand new 2 months later I love it. But I just recently got another tattoo pretty much in the same area.

Im treating it just like I did the first. 3 days of a&d and dial soap. Then lubriderm and dial two finish off two weeks. Then lubriderm just whenever.

Currently it is in the peeling stage and unlike my first tattoo, this one looks pretty dramatically faded. I understand that the fading is normal but it’s a pretty dramatic fade in my eyes. When I put on lubriderm it shines right back up to normal.

I’ve heard sometimes the peeling skin makes it look really faded and after it’s finished peeling and healed up the color will even back out but I’d just like some input from people who have had more experience than me!

Thanks!

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Skin peeling is called “grey” for a reason. Don’t worry about the way it looks till its finished healing. Nothing you can do about it anyways till its healed.
Don’t worry be happy.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You won’t be able to tell anything until the tattoo is fully healed in a few moths

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

It’s what’s often referred to as “silver skin” which is the second stage of peeling. You know when you pick on a scab that’s sorta healed, but not really? You get this thin scab following? That’s what you got. Your skin hasn’t healed completely yet, so you get this covering it. It can sometimes last for months, where the skin can be extra dry etc. What you see when it’s been moisturized is more like what it will look like healed most likely, but it will take some time 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.