crackerdan
    Participant
    @crackerdan

This is a before and after the healing process, the sad part is that it’s been touched up once, by the same tattooist, now my main question is how can I make the characters pop more? and look more vivid/clear again? look how faded/blurry they are, I’m considering going to a different tattoo artist because this guy might not be using the right ink or his method just isn’t working for me, I’m not going back to him for a third touch up even tho he offered to do it for free.
    One thing important worth mentioning the first time i got the tattoo by him it looked great, until it peeled, day 4 it started peeling heavy and I can’t help but feel it wouldn’t of peeled so bad if I hadn’t followed his poor aftercare advice which was to use a small amount of aloe fresh Vaseline lotion, my skin didn’t react well to this ointment and it dried out really bad.
    So after the touch up it looked good again, not as good as original but good, and this time i used Bepanthen and it didn’t peel till a week later and hardly as bad, much better ointment in my opinion, however now that it’s once again healed I feel it still just doesn’t look clear/vivid and the characters should pop 3d style, I just want a crisp contrast tattoo, and instead I have an okay looking slightly blurry tattoo.
    Ok so am I completely stuffed at this point? or is there still hope? should I go see another tattoo artist?
    BTW I realize that tattoo’s do fade once healed BUT this in my opinion is faded too much, and I see other people out there with dark rich colors in their healed tattoos, I just want that. Also side note I think this tattoo artist is pretty “old school” this was done in a professional tattoo parlor. $800 tat.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p182/crackerdan17/2013070dfdfdfd2_165052_6_bestshot.jpg

Cheers!

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

The 2 things to bear in mind are:

1. That the pigment sinks into the skin and fresh skin grows over it so it will never look as shiny and bold as when fresh on and bleeding.

2. Tattoos are pigments that are held in place by scar tissue pockets. If you have constant touchups over the same area without giving proper healing time (which can be as low as 2 weeks but 4-6 weeks is better), the tissue tears under the punctures of the needle causing the scar tissue to breakdown allowing the pigment to spread into other pockets.

This is called a ‘blow out’. The other problem is that overworked skin can start to form lumpy pockets of scar tissue that distort the ink as it gets gnarly.

My serious advice is let the ink heal for at least 3 months (Personally this is a minimum I would wait 6-12 months). This means any remaining scar tissue will settle down.

Go to a new artist and get them to run some fresh lines (which will need to be thicker) and a darker greywash – maybe even add some silver or blue to the new mix.

The ink will look fresher and on the style will cope with having a bold outline.

If you don’t wait you will seriously end up wrecking the skin and your ink.

Take care
    Matthew

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Wall of text killed my brain!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

2013070dfdfdfd2_165052_6_bestshot.jpg

What does it say?

crackerdan
    Participant
    @crackerdan

Hi guys, cheers Sherav for the good advise, what you said makes sense, I will wait a couple months as you recommended to make sure my skin is fully healed and then go to a different artist, I still like my tattoo its just that i wish it was that bit more bold like some other tattoos I’ve seen on people, I just don’t know what has caused this to happen tho, is it my the way my skin reacts to this type of ink? is it the artist? is it my poor aftercare the first time round? I waited a month till i got it touched up, but I’m willing to wait a bit longer and see a different artist.

Took me a while to find a tattoo meaning that suited me, and this one nailed it, you gotta be careful with Kanji tattoos, i did heaps of cross checking online to make sure the characters are accurate.
    花(Ka) is a flower. 鳥(Cho) is a bird. 風(Fu) is wind. 月(Getsu) is the moon.
    Meaning: The beauties of nature… Experience the beauties of nature and in doing so learn about yourself.

This Japanese proverb is showing the sense of Japanese people. They feel beauty most in these four elements and have made many paintings and poems. That is why these four elements are considered as the beauties of nature.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.