harlem shake
    @

i hear different opinions on this some people say three some say 5 is there really a set in stone date to switch my tattoo is starting to peel on half of it but many say to keep using the aquaphor. what are your thoughts on when to switch from the cream to lotion guessing every member has their own method on when to switch would love it hear them

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

i switch on first signs of peeling

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@yodaddynukka 127487 wrote:

i switch on first signs of peeling

+1………

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I agree, when it starts to peel.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

If you are going to use that then what they all said. Once you have tried rewrap you will never go back

schwartz1
    Participant
    @schwartz1

@buttwheat 127502 wrote:

If you are going to use that then what they all said. Once you have tried rewrap you will never go back

Please explain the rewrap process.
    I am assuming it is…cleaning, pat dry, air dry, wrap with a new wrap?

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@schwartz1 129804 wrote:

4 hours or so after the artist wrapped you up, undo the wrap and wash it with antibacterial soap. pat dry and re-wrap. do this 4x a day until first signs of peeling. stop wrapping, then wash 2-3x a day and use a LIGHT layer of unscented lotion until peeling stops. then you can wash 1-2x a day and use lotion for the duration of the tattoo if so desired. BEST aftercare method hands down for me.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@schwartz1 129804 wrote:

@yodaddynukka 129809 wrote:

4 hours or so after the artist wrapped you up, undo the wrap and wash it with antibacterial soap. pat dry and re-wrap. do this 4x a day until first signs of peeling. stop wrapping, then wash 2-3x a day and use a LIGHT layer of unscented lotion until peeling stops. then you can wash 1-2x a day and use lotion for the duration of the tattoo if so desired. BEST aftercare method hands down for me.

Yep that is it

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Before the tattoo is started, ascertain that the lubricant used during the tattoo process is non-petroleum based (like A&D ointment). I use Redemption, but there are others. This will allow your skin to retain all the ink applied to your tattoo. With me, the healing process is about a week shorter.

schwartz1
    Participant
    @schwartz1

@Sam-I-Am 129819 wrote:

Before the tattoo is started, ascertain that the lubricant used during the tattoo process is non-petroleum based (like A&D ointment). I use Redemption, but there are others. This will allow your skin to retain all the ink applied to your tattoo. With me, the healing process is about a week shorter.

And another question…..
    If my artist does use a petroleum based product, would it be rude or disrespectful of me to ask him to use something else. I have ordered a tub of Hustle Butter to use after my next session (after I try the dry wrap method). I was thinking about asking my current artist to use it during the process.
    Thanks for all of the info!!!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Your artist should be willing to try it.

I bought a tub of Redemption and gave it to an artist I had in the past. We remain on good terms, and she now uses it exclusively

I have several 1 ounce containers. I keep one with me because you just never know when you may get inked.

(I also have a box of Glad Cling Wrap in my desk at work and one in my truck)

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Sam-I-Am 129903 wrote:

I keep one with me because you just never know when you may get inked.

I hate you.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@ArniVidar 129906 wrote:

I hate you.

When I post the pictures of my red lizard in a week or so you may really hate me.:rolleyes:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.