Dyson350
    Participant
    @dyson350

My artist has me keep my tattoo wrapped for 3 days after getting it and this caused me to get a rash on my chest where the tape was. I have had it for a good week or so. Anyone have any similar reaction to tape?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I was instructed to keep my tattoo wrapped for 72 hours, but wash the tattoo every four hours or so and re-wrap it wigh new plastic wrap.

I’ve never heard of a reaction from medical tape. An irritation perhaps, but not a reaction.

Dyson350
    Participant
    @dyson350

@Sam-I-Am 122966 wrote:

I was instructed to keep my tattoo wrapped for 72 hours, but wash the tattoo every four hours or so and re-wrap it wigh new plastic wrap.

I’ve never heard of a reaction from medical tape. An irritation perhaps, but not a reaction.

The skin just feels real tough like leather, its barely visible little bumps. I did however wash the tattoo every 4 hours and re-wrap it within those 3 days. I will probably schedule a Dr appointment if it isnt cleared up in a few weeks.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Keep us posted. I’m guessing it will clear up within a week or so.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

If you leave that medical tape on for an extended period of time its really painful to get off and, for me,
    Always leaves red ness under the tape thats visible for a few days. I always remove the tape the next morning.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 122980 wrote:

If you leave that medical tape on for an extended period of time its really painful to get off and, for me,
    Always leaves red ness under the tape thats visible for a few days. I always remove the tape the next morning.

When I re-wrap it I try to tape only on the plastic wrap and I use Scotch magic tape.

CattivaGattina
    Participant
    @cattivagattina

If the tape is a latex based medical tape you may have a latex allergy or sensitivity.

Dyson350
    Participant
    @dyson350

@Sam-I-Am 122975 wrote:

Keep us posted. I’m guessing it will clear up within a week or so.

Finally cleared up I think, used hydrocortisone cream on it around once or twice a day. Learned my lesson when it comes to using the tape though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.