athousandtimes
    Participant
    @athousandtimes

Just got my third tattoo yesterday. It stretches across outside of my mid-upper thigh area, is B/G, and took about 5 hours to complete. Today I’m mostly hanging out in the house with just boxers, but I have two job interviews tomorrow and will have to wear slacks, dress shirt, etc.

Should I consider wrapping the tattoo in saran wrap or something similar while wearing my slacks?

The interviews shouldn’t take long, pretty much just walk outside to the car, drive, walk into the building, really mostly just sitting for a little while….

And how long do you guys think I should steer clear of tighter, more abrasive clothing? (like jeans)

thanks!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I wrap my tattoos for up to three days.(washing and changing the wrap several times daily) I’ve been wearing track warm up pants to work with no complaints, but hardly to an interview.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Aftercare is a personal thing and the same aftercare plan doesn’t work with everybody. Like Sam said he wraps he’s up for 3 days where as mine online stay wrapped for 20 minutes till i get home after the tattoo is complete, I personally think it’s better to let the skin breath. I apply Bepanthen 3 times a day for around 4-5 days then i mainly dry heal applying some moisturisor from time to time when it feels a little dry.

My aftercare has worked perfectly for all 32 of my tattoo’s and none of them are faded and still looking bright.

Goodluck!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I’m a huge fan of dry wrap healing. It’s easy painless and clean. I’ve had problems healing before and ever since I started using the dry wrap meathod they have healed perfectly.

Bandage your tattoo with saran/plastic wrap allowing no air to get to the tattoo for the first 72 hours. Within those 72 hours remove the wrap every 4 hours and wash thoroughly with non-scented anti-bacterial soap. Re-apply wrap with new saran/plastic wrap. Repeat process for remainder of 72 hours. After 72 hours remove the wrap leaving the tattoo exposed and use an intensive care FRAGRANCE-FREE dry skin lotion such as Lubriderm. Apply lightly as needed and for as long as needed.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

And for me its different from everyone else.
    I dont do anything to mine aside from washing twice a day for the first 2 days or so until it starts to get scaly and slightly dry looking.
    After that i just apply lotion a few times a day as needed. Im generally done by day 7. And a month for the shine to leave.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 122031 wrote:

And a month for the shine to leave.

It takes about six months in charred white oak to turn a good “shine” into a much smoother, and mellow “beverage”.

I’m sorry. What were we talking about?

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@buttwheat 122023 wrote:

I’m a huge fan of dry wrap healing. It’s easy painless and clean. I’ve had problems healing before and ever since I started using the dry wrap meathod they have healed perfectly.

Bandage your tattoo with saran/plastic wrap allowing no air to get to the tattoo for the first 72 hours. Within those 72 hours remove the wrap every 4 hours and wash thoroughly with non-scented anti-bacterial soap. Re-apply wrap with new saran/plastic wrap. Repeat process for remainder of 72 hours. After 72 hours remove the wrap leaving the tattoo exposed and use an intensive care FRAGRANCE-FREE dry skin lotion such as Lubriderm. Apply lightly as needed and for as long as needed.

Might have to try it sometime.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.