gazza_606
    Participant
    @gazza_606

Hiya, i have used savalon on my first 3 tattoos a few years back and never had a problem but they say not to use this anymore, the last one i used bepanthium (nappy rash cream) but i had an allergic reaction to it and it screwed my tat up. I have now had it redone and more added to it but i have now been told to use a small amount of vaseline on it for the first few days and then go on to some sort of scent free moisturizer. Alot of people are saying that vaseline is fine but only a small amount but others are saying NO. Can any comment if they have used vaseline and say wether it has caused any problems or if the tattoo is fine. The tattoo is black, dont know if that makes a difference. Cheers

metalmancpa
    Participant
    @metalmancpa

Just having my 2nd one done, I was given the same aftercare instructions as the one I got 1.5 years ago from a different shop. First day is dry with no lotion, the next 3-4 days I wash the tattoo and use Aquafor, and then I switch to Lubriderm.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I like Aquaphor too. I’ve heard not to use Neosporin because of possible fading of the colors.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Do not use Vaseline! If u can’t find anything similar to aquaphor then u can always dry heal it.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

I’ve tried vaseline under the healing prossess… didnt work for me. Didn’t feel right.

So this Aquaphor is really something? For the next piece I’m going for something else…. screw my artist and his vaseline.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Most of the tattooers around here (Harrisburg, PA area) recommend A & D ointment. I think it smells a little too much. Aquaphore is good but it’s not cheap. Eucerin is made by the same company and a little cheaper. (I haven’t tried it)
    Try A & D if you can find it.

Let us know your results.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

dont use A and D either.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

A&D and Aquaphor are basically the same thing same with Bepanthium. Don’t use anything it will be just fine.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I don’t use anything in terms of healing mine. I keep mine wrapped for a few hours, clean it really well and go straight to a scent free lotion like Lubriderm. I used A & D once before and needless to say, I will NEVER do that again. Hate that stuff but I’ve heard Aquaphor is pretty good.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Aquaphor isn’t avaiable in Norway…yet. Asked custom service, and they say it might come early 2012.

Ebay, here I come.

shawncooper78
    Participant
    @shawncooper78

For the initial 3-4 days use aquaphor, it helps in the healing process. Afterwards use any aqua-based moisturizer, it will prevent over-scabbing. Do not use Vaseline as it is petroleum based and it will fade out the tat especially in your case as the color of tat is black.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@shawncooper78 119673 wrote:

use aquaphor, it helps in the healing process. Do not use Vaseline as it is petroleum based

Aquaphor is also petroleum based.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.