victimsofadown
@

Hey guys, I just got my first tattoo last night (less than 24 hours old). The tattoo is on my inner forarm. My artist made sure to let me know that I cannot keep it in the sun, but I have tickets to an outdoor concert (over 12 hours in the sun) for this Sunday (the tattoo will be less than 4 days old). My question is about the best way to handle this situation. Because there are a lot of different things at play here I’m not sure what the best way is to deal with it. I thought of a few options, but I have concerns about all of them. Please let me know the best option (even if it isn’t listed here)

1 – Wear a long sleeved shirt.
This would completely cover the tattoo. My concern is regarding the heat. Being in the sun all day, in long sleeves, I will end up sweating like a pig. Also, I’m not sure if it’s relevant but I’ll be jumping and slamming into people the entire time so the shirt may rub against my tattoo causing issues?

2 – Wear short sleeves, but cover the tattoo.
I’m not really sure how this would work. The best thing I could come up with was perhaps cutting a pair of nylons (not sure if color would matter) and putting it over the tattoo area of my arm. My concern with the nylon specifically is how tight it would be on the skin (once again for the potential of rubbing off when coming in contact with others AND simply taking it on/off. Also, I’m unsure if nylon (because it is so sheer) would be adequate protection from the sun. I’m open to any other suggestions for covering, I just couldn’t think of any.

3 – Wear sunscreen rather than lotion.
I have no idea if this is an option or not, but it’s something I thought of.

Those are the only things I could really think of, as he was emphatic about keeping it out of the sun. Please help if there are any options I’m not thinking of, or what the best option will be to take.

thank you

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Wear a light weight long sleeve shirt. Do not put sunscreen on it.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Why would u get a tattoo the day before an outdoor concert? U can always get upf clothing

Amok
Participant
@amok

Follow the above advice if it’s a good tattoo. If it’s shit do the opposite

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
buttwheat;118485 wrote:
wear a light weight long sleeve shirt. Do not put sunscreen on it.

+1

………….

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

just an fyi, a light weight shirt doesnt have much upf, though it is better than wearing nothing at all. generally your inner forearm doesnt see much sun exposure but i would still be extra careful.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Personally, I wouldn’t go. It’s one 12 hour concert, your tattoo is there for life. I wouldn’t risk damaging it but that’s just me.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Amok;118487 wrote:
Follow the above advice if it’s a good tattoo. If it’s shit do the opposite

haha this!!! 😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.