SnowWolf
Participant
@snowwolf

after washing the new tat with the antibiotic soap and then blotting it dry is it normal for a small amount of the color to come off? I’m not rubbing at all just blotting it dry.

thanks in advance

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

yes it is perfectly normal. All tattoo’s have bit’s coming off whilst healing, It’ part of the healing process.

SnowWolf
Participant
@snowwolf

thanks I thought so. I had been putting A&D on it this Am and it kind of freaked me out so stopped using it and contacted my guy…he said just wash for today and tomorrow and then put regular lotion on it. Amazed at how many different ways people do after care.

🙂

SnowWolf
Participant
@snowwolf

hey Wardy I am hearing a lot about keeping the tat moist is A&D oinment a good way to go or should I use some kind of oil. I think my guy wasn’t too worried about it today but is telling me to use lotion on it tomorrow.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Not sure about A&D oil, i always just use bepanthen for 9days then let nature take it’s course after that. Never done my tattoo’s any harm so that’s what i just stick with.

SnowWolf
Participant
@snowwolf

im not sure if thats something they sell in the US or not

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

You must have babies in the US and babies with nappy rash 🙂

SnowWolf
Participant
@snowwolf

is nappy rash some kind of slang?? do you mean diaper rash on their butts (bums)?? haha

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

A&d ointment is good. Most places won’t recommend it because of the elevated risk of allergic reaction. If you are allergic to shellfish don’t use a&d ointment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.