hypocriticalhippie
Participant
@hypocriticalhippie

Okay, I just got my first tattoo this past Monday. I was told to use A&D ointment but was not told for how long. This is day 2 that I’ve had the tattoo. How much longer do I use the A&D and is it better to use lotion instead? It’s on my upper back so it’s kinda hard to look at it to see how it’s healing, but it’s itching like crazy so I’m guessing it’s healing okay. It has quite a bit of color in it and I don’t want to do anything that’s going to ruin it. Can anyone help? :confused:

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I am pretty new to tattoos also but the advice I was given was to use the Bep until it has healed and then lotion to moisturise it, depending on your tat.

Mine was fully peeled, no scabs and itching gone by 1 week.

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

I typically use Aquaphor (very similar to A&D) for the first 3 or 4 days. I apply a very thin layer of it after I wash with antibacterial soap 3-4 times per day…usually by the 5th day my tattoo is starting to itch and peel and I switch to fragrance free Lubriderm lotion. I continue using the lotion 3-4 times per day for the next 5 days then knock it down to just morning and bedtime.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Typically it’s ointment for a couple of days until the peeling starts, then unscented lotion. Use all sparingly, 2-3 times a day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.