Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Hi,
So I got a new tattoo back on Tuesday, Feb. 14th. Right now its in the process of scabbing and peeling and this morning I noticed a line of dried blood in between two scabs. Is this going to effect how it looks when it is done healing? I just noticed it today, all week leading up to now it’s been perfectly fine. I’m just worried that it’ll mess up a little once its done healing and I’ll have to get it touched up. Should I be as worried as I am or am I just spazzing? I use Lubriderm unscented lotion on it a few times a day, maybe around 2-3 if that helps at all. Thanks!

bluey
Participant
@bluey

The million dollar question. You won’t know until it has healed. The answer is most probably some damage has occurred to the tattoo, this maybe from unnoticeable to requiring a touch up. Only time can give you the answer.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Yea that’s the sucky part. Definitely won’t know and I’m hoping everything turns out okay. Guess we will see when its done with all the nasty stuff and go from there.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Do I put more lotion on it or simply let it do what it needs to do?

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Everyone has different ideas and it depends on a number of things. Personally I put lotion on until a light (very light) rub threatens to upset the scab. From then on I just leave it, trying not to get it wet or rub it, so no tight clothes over the tattoo. Everyone has different ideas, but common sense goes a long way, as tattooists have different styles resulting in thicker or thinner scabs and every one is different. Put the two together and there is no overall right and wrong answer, except DON’T pick at it, rub it, or soak it in water.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

No I know not to soak it and everything like that. I have 3 other tattoos and this one just is reacting differently. My artist tells me to keep it wrapped for a few hours and then go straight to unscented lotion which has resulted in great looking tattoos after the scabbing and peeling has done its thing. Today i’ve lotioned it about 3 times and the rubbing doesn’t really cause any issue. Thinking the blood came from where my skin might have stretched, breaking the scab a little bit. Just can’t wait for the scabbing to go away so I know whether or not i’ll need to get it touched up. Thanks for the advice for sure though

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Decided to ditch the lotion and only use it twice a day and let the scabs do as they need to do. We’ll see how it goes from there. As of today the blood is gone and there really is no indication that it was ever there but we’ll see what happens when they’re all gone.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Everything turned out just fine with it 🙂

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Pleased to hear that. The skin will still be fragile for another week or so, but you don’t have to worry about water, scabs etc. Enjoy!

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Yup I know, i’ve got 3 others lol
This one is still a little foggy with the dead skin and all that but it’ll clear up. One more little scab and it’ll be all done. Just happy nothing happened to the color underneath

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.