emandryu
Participant
@emandryu

Tattoo is about a dollar size long and a little bit wider. Has a lot of color – one third is a red ladybug. On the outer line of the ladybug shell (so one line in the middle and one line on the outside) I have what looks like someone took a scalpel to my skin. Just raw, looks like tears…Not a lot of swelling/heat or really oozing..just these gaping holes. Also, I gently wash it 2 times a day and the rest looks wonderful…but this part did not seem to develop any scabs, but still looks like the ink has faded? He said it was not ‘taking’ the ink and went over the area several times…. Also – one ‘dot’ on the ladybug seems like it is about to slough off. Also – the outline seems to be bleeding both out of itself and into the ‘red’ of the ladybug…

Question: do I keep it moist (and put lotion in an obviously OPEN wound like this), go ahead and use neosporin or something to help prevent raised scar tissue, let it dry more…or what?

Thank you for any advice.
Also – I have an image/photo, but not sure how to post it here…

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

keep the absolute thinnest layer of a&d, or aquaphor over it, wash it a couple times a day and let it dry out thoroughly, like for a hour

some color has fallen out and it sounds chewed up from trying to push the color…………..I would let it heal a few months and get it retouched…….by a different artist

dont rush the touch up, let the skin heal, you may only get one more chance to get it right

emandryu
Participant
@emandryu

Thank you so much for the advice! I was so confused if I should rewrap it/keep it more moist or what – using your advice and reducing the A&D and letting it dry more – has really, really helped. It looks and feels better….not perfect…but at least not so scary! (and if it doesn’t reopen while I sleep again – I have good hope that it will be salvagable! I didn’t believe that last night.) I really appreciate your prompt response and the difference it has made in just these few hours! Thank you for your time!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.