ParadiseFalls
Participant
@paradisefalls

Hey everyone! I apologize in advance if this has been covered. I did a search and couldn’t find an answer, but I didn’t go through a ton of pages.

I got my third tattoo this afternoon (about 7 hours ago), and my artist said to leave the bandage on overnight and then to just leave it alone and not put any ointment or moisturizer on it because it’s just a very simple, thin line drawing.

Does that sound right? It’s not that I don’t trust her, I just want to make sure I shouldn’t moisturize and that I should leave the bandage on overnight. A lot of people on this forum seem to say you shouldn’t leave it longer than 2 hours.

Any advice?

Adler
Participant
@adler

For something that simple you can remove the bandage after a couple of hours if you want. Also, adding ointment or lotion isn’t always necessary but I would add a small amount of an ointment for a couple of days, then very lightly moisturize. Post a pic if you will, it might help with the answers.

ParadiseFalls
Participant
@paradisefalls

Adler, thanks for the response. I ended up taking off the bandage and washing it last night. I didn’t have any unscented lotion or ointment, so I left it alone, and it seems great today. No pain or redness yet. Do you think it looks like it’s simple enough to dry heal? My main concern is keeping the crispness. My artist said since it’s on my foot it might rub and she’d retouch it if necessary.

Here’s a photo (I’m not sure it’ll let me since I’m new to the forum, but maybe this link will work?): http://imgur.com/Nude8

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, it’s on your foot so it’s going to disappear in a year or two anyway. 🙂

Love the image though. Your kid draw it up for you?

ParadiseFalls
Participant
@paradisefalls

Thanks! It’s from Shel Silverstein’s The Missing Piece.

Yikes! What do you mean by disappear? My artist said the bottom of it might fade. Do you just mean it’ll need to be retouched?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Use some but very little bepanthen on it for a week. then turn to very little lotion.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It’s a foot tattoo. It’ll need to be retouched every-other year probably.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.