BelleMorte
Participant
@bellemorte

So I just got my tattoo 7 days ago and I have been taking care of it like my tattoo artist explained to me, but now my tattoo is scabbing and peeling and I don’t know how to procede taking care of it. Do I still use lotion to keep it moist or do I let it dry out because of the scabs. Any feedback would be great.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

If it were me I would just use a VERY light amount of lotion on it once or twice a day. DO NOT pick the scabs.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Yeah like buttwheat said be sure not to pick the scabs use only a bit of lotion and let nature take it’s course with the scabs.

Adler
Participant
@adler

If you have some thick scabbing I’d let those areas dry out and not apply lotion to those spots. Peeling is normal so continue to add a very small amount of lotion.

JoeBoxer
Participant
@joeboxer

I agree wit all post so far jus depends on the level of scabbing I let thick scabs dry out and in general stop lotion use after flaking period unless its itching … unscented lotion only

BelleMorte
Participant
@bellemorte

Thanks for all the feedback! Yea I was freaking out for a little while because I didn’t want to scab but I had a lot of dark areas done and a lot of shading and I figured that I would have some little scabs. Right now its really peeling and most of it looks like a healthy peel. There are only three scabs left and they are small in the real dark areas. I’m supprised that I dont feel the urge to itch so thats a plus. Just playing the waiting game now untill my scabs fall off.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.