Lemzip
Participant
@lemzip

Had them done 14 days ago tomorrow. Im still putting on Bep but stopping now (just following instructions to use it until healing process is complete)

Its now gone through the stages of healing and i have a few bits of peeling skin left, just wondering how to progress now with it and how do you think it has healed? If i leave it to go slightly dry the peeling is quite a bit so any help would be appreciated.

DSC09634.jpg
DSC09635.jpg
DSC09636.jpg

Hopefully i have done as good as i have could? I did not get it wet except for cleaning it and never scratched it when i was awake (who knows when i was sleeping!)

thanks

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum. No offense but it took me a while to figure out what they actually said, but they have healed nicely and look Ok 🙂

Lemzip
Participant
@lemzip

thanks for the welcome!

No problem with reading it, its in a weird position so awkward to take a picture by yourself and not the whole word, also wanted to get as close as possible so people could see the ink as best as possible!

Great that they have healed up well, any suggestions on what to do about the peeling? It seems a second set on peeling is happening now and im tempted to switch to a moisturizer tomorrow.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I would have switched to a moisturizer already, but in any case, you’re fine doing so now.

That line work is really shaky btw. :/

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Welcome to the forum. 🙂

Lemzip
Participant
@lemzip

thanks for the reply D3FiANC3 i appreciate it!

I am going back in the beginning of December so will see about the line work, i was shaking like a little girl during it though so i really think its more my fault. I had it in my head that i got through chemical peritonitis so anything else in life painful was going to be easy…i was mistaken lol! I also suck with healing and most of my scars etc are lumpy and not straight even if it was surgically cut straight my healing goes weird shape!

It did not help that its my bloody right arm and i am programmer so always rubbing against a desk at work…

I was just after some assurance that i was and have done as good as i could have for the tattoo as i was really worried about the aftercare as i seems to be peeling from the shading now around the letters.

Im a terrible healer since i had the peritonitis a year ago, my scars from surgery took ages to heal as i had various post op issues inc two infections so still got alot of problems im on medication for.

I appreciate everyones reply and have started my walk on getting my sleeve done. My kids names where the start as i wanted them as they got me through 3 months of hospital so this was the first thing i wanted doing. Will upload my photoshop pic soon when im finished on my sleeve design.

thanks again, great community and great people!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks to be healing just fine. Slap some lotion on it a couple times a day and it will be fine.
You say the bad lines are your fault so I think you may need to take a couple of Valiums before you go again.

Lemzip
Participant
@lemzip

Cant get those here without a prescription 🙁

thanks for the help guys, i presume the line work is not hard to repair? I can only really see two or three that require some attention? The rest of the work i hope is okay??

thanks

Lemzip
Participant
@lemzip

Just thought i would update this.

The healing really seemed to go quicker when i switched to lotion from bepanthen. Bepanthen was great causing no scabs/scars but i think if i switched over to lotion sooner is would have taken a few days less to finish healing.

Once i switched to lotion it really helped the dry ”snake skin” and was probably 3 days or so doing that and it was complete. Its on the way to 4 weeks on Friday and i still put lotion on twice a day just to make sure.

Im so glad i took my time in finding a artist that i liked as the results are great and i am so happy with them. They mean something to me and every time i see them i remember what i went through and what got me through it.

I am going back on the 5th Dec to look at covering up a tattoo i have done years ago that really faded on my leg from the sun and will ask if i could have a look at 2 or so lines on these but i am still so happy with them and my artist.The pic does not do it justice and it wraps around my arm perfectly.Im having to hold my arm at a slightly weird angle to get them both in the pic! I was shaking and kinda worked myself up during the initial stages but got into the groove in the end. I have also got the bloody bug to get more done and am now looking at designs that i would like to cover up the rest of my forearm!

If there is any advice i can give to anyone is firstly..

1. Take your time in choosing your design/font etc
2. Take your time in choosing a artist that is licensed, has a good portfolio and listens to you. When they put the stencil on, dont just go okay, look at it in the mirror from all angles and ensure you are happy as they have no issue with reapplying the stencil.
3. Relax and take a soft drink if your artist lets you etc.
4. Look after your tattoo, aftercare is very important and the information to make sure you get the best results is available on this site.

DSC09752.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Glad it turned out good for you

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Lemzip;101353 wrote:
thanks for the help guys, i presume the line work is not hard to repair? I can only really see two or three that require some attention? The rest of the work i hope is okay??

thanks

The only way to fix those lines is by making them thicker, but if you’re happy, then not much point in bothering. 🙂

Lemzip
Participant
@lemzip

yep, really happy but would not mind if those two lines at the end could be gone over as they do taper off at the end and are really light and thin compared to the line but will speak to him.

cheers all, especially a few who have come back to look again, you make this place great

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.