ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

Hey everyone,
I got my first tattoo 3 days ago and I’ve been following all healing advice my artist gave me. I was wondering how long will it take on average for a black and grey tattoo before the redness (specially in the shading parts) of of the skin start to fade?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

It depends on how big the piece is, how heavy-handed the artist is, your particular reaction to the tattoo, etc. I’d give it a few more days before getting concerned.

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk
D3FiANC3;99407 wrote:
It depends on how big the piece is, how heavy-handed the artist is, your particular reaction to the tattoo, etc. I’d give it a few more days before getting concerned.

Thanks for the reaction. I’m not really concerned, it’s more a case of curiosity mixed with the patience of something that has no patience:D right now the itching is horrible but its a good indication that the healing proces has kicked in! once it’s healed and I tackle the problem of uploading decent pictures to the forum I’ll show off my first piece

AshGUTZ
Participant
@ashgutz

I find because I’m so fair skinned my redness sometimes persists through the peeling stage of healing but the very bright inflamed red takes well between one to two weeks for me. I’ve got a grey wash portrait style on my right calf and it had that Sierra look about the same time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.