Jimmyson
Participant
@jimmyson

I know about using cream I’ve been using bepanthen and 11 days (2 days ago) when drying the tattoo all the flaking came off and looks fine but my question is how does flaking come off is it when sleeping, washing it, drying it, putting cream on it? When exactly?

Amok
Participant
@amok

It varies depending on a number if factors, but the flaking is the dead top layers of skin falling off to be replaced by new skin. It happens slowly all the time, not during any particular process.

Jimmyson
Participant
@jimmyson
Amok;98598 wrote:
It varies depending on a number if factors, but the flaking is the dead top layers of skin falling off to be replaced by new skin. It happens slowly all the time, not during any particular process.

Yes, I understand that but is it fine for it to come off when washing it, dabbing it dry with towel, applying cream or sleeping or anything like this as long as not picking it? How did yours come off?

Adler
Participant
@adler
Jimmyson;98610 wrote:
Yes, I understand that but is it fine for it to come off when washing it, dabbing it dry with towel, applying cream or sleeping or anything like this as long as not picking it? How did yours come off?

Yes that’s normal, just be gentle when washing or applying lotion so you don’t accidentally force off a scab that isn’t ready to come off. The flakes will dry and come off naturally during the things you mentioned.

AshGUTZ
Participant
@ashgutz
Jimmyson;98610 wrote:

When you say towel I’m hoping you aren’t referring to a fibrous towel you’d dry your body off with after a regular shower. For after care washing I always suggest doing a hot rinse followed by small light touch circles and a mild antibacterial scent-free dye-free soap then doing a cold shock rinse to ensure you’ve removed all soap. You want to pat try with a clean disposable never before used paper towel or allow to air dry. If you’re doing all these things then that was the only concern I had. 🙂 Your flakes will come off with time and one day you’ll notice you just have a shiny tattoo looking back at you rather than these patches of faded dead skin just begging you to pull them off – resist all urges.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.