tattooornottattoo
Participant
@tattooornottattoo

Hey all! I got my first tattoo on Sunday and it started to properly scab over today. It was suggested to me to use Johnson’s baby lotion to help moisturise it. Is that ok to use and is it normal for it to scab about now? I started using the Johnson’s stuff this evening and my tattoo is certainly less sore as the scab is softer! Any advice gratefully received ๐Ÿ™‚

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

I use Aquaphor for the first 2 to 3 days, and then unscented Curel after that. If the Jihnson’s lotion is unscented, it shol;d be OK to use. Time to scab/peel can be a little different for everyone – I usually scab very little if at all, and this would be the right time for it to start in my experience.

jeepingchick
Participant
@jeepingchick

I’ll bet im in a minority, I will just slap whatever non scented good quality THICK lotion I have near by on it. ANYTHING to stop that infernal itching LOL! I am always in a hurry and not always around the proper stuff. If in doubt ask you artist what they recommend, but I would go with something thick and low in alcohol. Baby lotion is ok I guess … Even though I grab what is close by I do make sure it is good quality and all my tats are doing great years n years later ๐Ÿ˜‰

As for the scabs… normal.. PITA but normal… do not pick at em and you will be fine. You will shed them on your own and do not need nails clawing to make em fall off before ready… Just put your lotion on to keep the itch at bay.. IMHO

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Shit that sounds bad. Yeah through some lotion on it but don’t over do it a soggy scab can come off real easy. Let the scab come of naturally.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.