Sgt_P
@

All,

This is my second tattoo, and I have been having serious issues. There has been heavy scabbing, and now I am on anti-biotics due to a serious infection. I am in no way blaming the artist/shop, but I cared for it pretty well. It was different then the first (not the same shop or state) but never had an issue before.
First – Alaska, initial was vasiline and plastic wrap. Washed with antibacterial soap, then light vasiline.
Second – Mississippi, initial was lotion and cloth. Washed with antibacterial soap and then light lotion.

I am now wondering a couple things, is there a chance for the color to survive the bad infection? If not will I be able to redo it? And lastly, do you feel that it was over worked?
This is 1 week old today!

Thanks in advance for any advice and help!

Sgt P

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Give it a couple of months and you will be able to get it touched up.
I know I’m just looking at pics of it but from here it doesn’t look infected at all to me. Just heavily scabbed.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

color looks bad now, tattoo will be ok, looks like it is just scabbing now, not deep scabs either, like Wheat said, wait a good couple months and go get someone else to do it up

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

As mentioned above do not worry too much about the scabbing it will heal up given time.

Most ink surface heals within 2 weeks but can be as long as 6 weeks before the ink is fully healed.

Key thing is to wait a min of 6 weeks (pref 8 weeks or more) if you do decide to get more some more colour put in.

Any earlier and the pigment just will not take.

Take care
Matthew

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
johndeniel;110885 wrote:
If you have scabbing problem then you should not to worry. It would remove within 3 to 5 days but you must discontinue the use of antibiotic. If you have more problems then you should cover it for 30 days.

An antibiotic isn’t going to hurt his tattoo, but discontinuing it before it is finished is ill-advised and could jeopardize his health. And covering it is the last thing he should do, as that will only promote infection. Considering that you provided such poor advice and did so on a post that over 6 months old, my presumption is that you’re just another spammer.

demonicus
Participant
@demonicus
D3FiANC3;110891 wrote:
An antibiotic isn’t going to hurt his tattoo, but discontinuing it before it is finished is ill-advised and could jeopardize his health. And covering it is the last thing he should do, as that will only promote infection.

where’s the like button for this advice…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.