Armin102
Participant
@armin102

Hey guys,
I got a tattoo done about 3-4 weeks ago and eveything seemed to be healing well.then yestrday i spoted these red bumpy spots on my tattoo (not round it and its all black ink) and they kinda form 3 circles.I had a little bit of shadow added a the side of the tattoo but the spots developed randomly.I talked to my artist and he said i should use some Bepanthen plus cream on it and it should heal. Google quick search -> http://www.docsimon.com/article/bepanthen-plus-cream-30g
I tried searching on google but everyone seems to be getting them around the tattoo and not on it?
Any help regarding the spots and the cream will be appreciated!

Amok
Participant
@amok

post a photo so we can see it pls.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

we do need to see but darn, at 3-4 weeks you should be totally healed,
sound slike moisture was trapped in during healing, give us a look and we will try and help, in the meantime dont put anything on it, bone dry

Armin102
Participant
@armin102

I know quality isnt the greatest but thats the best i can do now with my phone.
full view

and close up

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

thats is some freaaky shit, never seen anything quite like it,
Id see a dermotogolist right away,

it doesnt look like an ink alergy, not latex, not zinc, really strange

(ps this guy isnt much of an artist, piece is out of proportion on torso, arms, pecs, shading stinks, too light, you should find someone else next go round)

Amok
Participant
@amok

looks like ringworm dude (despite its name its not a worm, but a fungal infection) Anyways you need to see a doctor.

I would say its nothing to do with the tattoo itself, but because you had an open wound there and the infection got in.

Armin102
Participant
@armin102

Regarding the tatoo itself it does look much better and darker in real.when i uploaded the picture i even checked it as it didnt really look the same lol.
Right i will have to go and see a doctor,will not put anything on it till then.Its such a shame that my first one got infected..now im not sure if i want any others… 🙁

Panter
Participant
@panter

As amok said, it does look like Ringworm, had it myself (not through a tattoo.)

I’d imagine it’s just coincidence though. As far as I know, the infection can easily get in through normal, intact skin, I wouldn’t let this put you off getting inked again, but see what your Doc says.
Interested in the outcome actually, if you feel like updating this when you get back?

Armin102
Participant
@armin102

Ok so i got a pharmacist to look at it and she said it was a Ringworm.she got me some Daktarin if any of yous are interested.She said that it shouldnt damage the tatoo itself as the the ringworm should just disappear and not take any ink with it.
It looks like it is a coincidence or it saw an oportunity in the opening of the skin.
I’ll prob hang around this forum and then post a picture once is healed.going back home in a few weeks as im in collage now so should get a better quality picture.
Thanks for help!

Panter
Participant
@panter

Good stuff 😎

Amok
Participant
@amok

Ah that’s good

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.