swampyseifer
Participant
@swampyseifer

hey all, I got my first tattoo nearly 3 weeks ago (3 weeks this saturday) and I think I took good care of it.

Following the advice of the tattooist, for the first 3 days it was washed and moisturised (bepanthan) then covered in clingfilm 3 times a day. On the 4th day it had stopped flaking so I started to only cover it while I was at work in the day and left it open to the air in the evening…cleaned and moisturised twice a day.

On the 5th day I stopped covering it completely and only moisturised it once a day in the evening. Also I started to let it get wet in the shower although I tried to keep any shampoo off of it.

Been doing that since and it seems nice and fine. There’s no scabs at all, there never was that I noticed. The sunburn-esque flaking stopped pretty quickly and its not sensitive to the touch or anything. Also all the colours seemed to have settled down.

Anyway, basically does that mean its completely healed? Am I ready to start having baths again? Also am I able to go swimming or gymming again yet?

Thanks in advance!

Adler
Participant
@adler

I would say you’re probably ok, but for me I’m always over cautious so I would still wait another week before swimming.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yeah it looks completely healed from here.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

not sure how we can tell without a picture

swampyseifer
Participant
@swampyseifer

And there was me thinking you lot were clever enough to just “know” !:D

I’ll upload a photo tonight, when I get home!

swampyseifer
Participant
@swampyseifer

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks like it is close. You really don’t need to put ointment on it any more.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.