jussababygyrl
@

Hi All,

This is my first post and I am trying to get as many thoughts as I can. I made a terrible mistake today by tanning impulsively under the sun. I am at a vacation resort and I was walking around in shorts and decided to just tan at the pool. Now I feel like a complete retard.

I have a tattoo on the side of my right leg, about mid-thigh to mid-calf. Not huge but not small. I got the outline done about 2 months ago, so it’s pretty much healed. However I just got the shading done 10 days ago. I was out in the sun for about 2 hours total. This includes walking around; laying down and tanning was about 1.5 hours.

Please give me your thoughts on how concerned I should be. I have not had prolonged exposure to the sun on my tat until today, and I’m definitely not doing it again. If you think it’s really bad, when should I go back to touch it up??? I feel completely stupid and I’m scared my tat will be blurry and faded. I may be trippin and paranoid but it’s looking faded already (sorry if i’m going a little too far).

If in fact you think this will fade it, how FAST will it fade? Like, one day? one week? one month? If I never do it again???

Thank you all for your help!!!!

:(:confused:

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

The sun kills tattoos. That being said you will not notice the fading from a few hours in the sun. Keep your new ink covered.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

You should of put a towel over your legs to be honest, Not being a dick but it’s general common sense not to sunbath with a new tattoo.

You should of planned ahead and got your tattoo done about 2months before you went away 🙂

Hylland
Participant
@hylland

Most likely all you did was damage the skin enough to blur it a little which sucks but isn’t the end of the world. Unless you actually sunburned it enough to loose skin layers, in which case your ink is not settled as deep as it would be after a couple of months and you may loose some of it. If you sunburn a fresh tattoo you can get an infection that can travel down your blood stream and be dangerous, but your probably past that point.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

If the skin has not burned and peeled then damage to the tattoo with it being fresh will not be that much of an issue – your skin is resilient.

However UVA does damage skin cells and helps breakdown the tissue where the pigment is placed. This is a slow process (in moderate exposure) but it depends on climate and exposure.

Put simply sun and ink don’t mix if you want to heavy tan then you need high factor sun cream but blurring will speed up if keep exposing to sunlight. Otherwise I am sure you will get through a one off.

Being tanned really wrecks your skin when older so be safe with it

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.