Jimmyson
Participant
@jimmyson

I’ve just got both my hands tattooed and work in a warehouse, we normally have to wear gloves will this be a good or bad idea it’s 8 hour shifts, how can I protect my new tattoos for the next couple of weeks?

I am using Bepanthen already, just a thin layer.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I wouldn’t wear gloves within the first couple days. After that, maybe some loose work gloves would be ok, as long as they don’t rub the skin. Otherwise you could probably put a little piece of loose saran wrp or something similar in between your hand and the glove. It’s not the best thing for breathability, but better than having the glove rub your skin.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

No offence but you are really stupid getting your hand’s tattoo’d when you knew you would have work the next day.

Should of done what i done. Book a week off give them time to heal a little bit.

Jimmyson
Participant
@jimmyson
D3FiANC3;94703 wrote:
I wouldn’t wear gloves within the first couple days. After that, maybe some loose work gloves would be ok, as long as they don’t rub the skin. Otherwise you could probably put a little piece of loose saran wrp or something similar in between your hand and the glove. It’s not the best thing for breathability, but better than having the glove rub your skin.

I know you need to let your new tattoos breathe I asked my artist and he said just try and let it have as much air as possible like when on you’re on a break and on dinner break take the gloves off, but gloves are necessary for the job I do in the warehouse — it will have been just coming up to 2 1/4 days since I’ve gotten the new tattoo that I have my first shift of the week, what do you advise? Because if I don’t wear gloves then surely dust and so on will get to it…I’m stuck. ๐Ÿ™

Wardy;94706 wrote:
No offence but you are really stupid getting your hand’s tattoo’d when you knew you would have work the next day.

Should of done what i done. Book a week off give them time to heal a little bit.

I understand where you are coming from, however I always work Mon-Fri shifts and can’t change that…would not like to lose out on a weeks wage for a tattoo to be honest :confused:

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Surely you should be able to book a week’s holiday in advance? Always plan your tattoo a month before hand ๐Ÿ™‚

Amok
Participant
@amok

I think you’ll be ok since you said it’ll be over 2 days since you’ve gotten the tattoos. Do what your artist suggested. Maybe you can stop working briefly every hour and take your gloves off for a minute. You could also try gloves made from a breathable material like cotton.

Jimmyson
Participant
@jimmyson
Wardy;94718 wrote:
Surely you should be able to book a week’s holiday in advance? Always plan your tattoo a month before hand ๐Ÿ™‚

Stop replying with silly replies… I didn’t book a holiday for a bloody tattoo ffs! You trolling today or just always a pain in the ass awkward soppy prick?

Amok;94722 wrote:
I think you’ll be ok since you said it’ll be over 2 days since you’ve gotten the tattoos. Do what your artist suggested. Maybe you can stop working briefly every hour and take your gloves off for a minute. You could also try gloves made from a breathable material like cotton.

The gloves aren’t really tight ones just normal gloves…work gloves — will the tattoo still be able to breathe and it won’t knock it will it? I spoke to my artist and he said take them off during breaks (like you said) and just use your common sense…after all considering after 8 hour shift I’ll be asleep which it can perfectly heal even more then…what would you do if you was me?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Just wrap them in some plastic wrap and wear some of those tight black gloves with the rubber on the palms. Next time you should probably do a little better planning before getting tattooed. Work is a temporary, a tattoo is forever. As wardy said maybe you should take some time off next time.
Do you have some pics of your new work?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Jimmyson;94724 wrote:
Stop replying with silly replies… I didn’t book a holiday for a bloody tattoo ffs! You trolling today or just always a pain in the ass awkward soppy prick?

It’s actually not a silly reply dude and i didn’t mean to piss you off :/ i was being serious though i know a lot of people who book a week’s holiday to give there tattoo a bit of time to heal? It’s better than ruining your tattoo. Theres no need to get angry over my opinion dude..:confused:

sorry if there was a misunderstanding somewhere. I myself booked a week of work when i got my fingers done.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Amazingly enough Wardy wasn’t being an ass. He was attempting a conversation with you and raising a valid point.

Why on earth didn’t you think about this BEFORE you got tattooed? It’s pretty late in the game to have it already happen and being completely unprepared for the problems at hand. (unintentional pun, there)

As for your problem, I’d stick with Powder-Free single-use latex gloves, preferably a size or two too big. Buy a box of 100 or 500 or something and just exchange them like crazy. Let it breathe as much as you can and don’t let sweat and puss build up for too long.

Bring good, unscented, allergy-free liquid soap with you to work, and gently wash the sweat and puss off as often as you can.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
ArniVidar;94745 wrote:
Amazingly enough Wardy wasn’t being an ass. He was attempting a conversation with you and raising a valid point.

to be fair i think i hardly ever act like a ass im just honest and speak my mind :D:cool:

Jimmyson
Participant
@jimmyson
ArniVidar;94745 wrote:

Why on earth didn’t you think about this BEFORE you got tattooed? It’s pretty late in the game to have it already happen and being completely unprepared for the problems at hand. (unintentional pun, there)

As for your problem, I’d stick with Powder-Free single-use latex gloves, preferably a size or two too big. Buy a box of 100 or 500 or something and just exchange them like crazy. Let it breathe as much as you can and don’t let sweat and puss build up for too long.

Bring good, unscented, allergy-free liquid soap with you to work, and gently wash the sweat and puss off as often as you can.

Yes sorry we’ve sorted it through inbox, I took what he said the wrong and I’ve apologised. ๐Ÿ™‚

My work gloves were downstairs and what I did was fitted on my other hand to see how tight they actually are and amazingly they are not very tight not like doctors ones or anything and to be honest I’m not working heavy this week just putting stuff onto trailers so movement but nothing fussy or difficult, I’ll just kind of gently put the gloves on my newly tattooed hand and on breaks wash it, it’ll have been a couple of days tonight anyways and I’m good with aftercare I never scab just flake so shouldn’t really have any problems, I work 3 1/2 hours and get a break of 15 mins can take it off then, then another one few hours later for half an hour for dinner then a couple more hours then finished and another thing is when at work time just goes very quick so it should heal quickly without even knowing. ๐Ÿ˜€

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Very good.

I just hope you’re using liquid soap, because soap bars carry all sorts of nasty crap you don’t want in your open wounds ๐Ÿ™‚

Jimmyson
Participant
@jimmyson
ArniVidar;94749 wrote:
Very good.

I just hope you’re using liquid soap, because soap bars carry all sorts of nasty crap you don’t want in your open wounds ๐Ÿ™‚

Plain standard anti bacterial soap..never had any problems with any of my other tattoos.

I need to know how to use computers more I’m hopeless with the thing for working it.

Jimmyson
Participant
@jimmyson

Just logged on finished just before 2, no problems at all every break washed and put bepanthen on, no knocks no nothing it’s all good and the gloves are really elastic to so not tight and it’s still breathing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.