-bethany
Participant
@bethany

I’ve got 6 small tattoos healing at the moment they are nice and clean. No sign of infection, skin is healing up well already. Skin wasn’t worked too hard and the pain is getting less and less each day. I have a pretty hectic lifestyle, business woman, volunteer and trainee tattooist so i’m on my feet alot and my jeans rub my leg tattoos.

But my scabs seem to dip inwards a little in places, i’m still a little swollen and my skin is dry and tight… i’ve always had a problem with my skin scabbing inwards instead of outwards though.

I just wondered if it was normal. Or if anyone else has had the tattoo “indent” if that’s the right word to use for it. It’s only by a tiny bit but every tattoo i do on anyone else will atleast rise a little.

It’s only happening on my thigh and my lower leg by my ankle.. i’ve got a tattoo on the top side of my foot which goes across my ankle and one on the bottom of my foot which have healed fine with minimal peeling and no inwards scabbing. I had a little bruising and swelling on my thigh at first too.

I can upload pics if needed.

Thanks!

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

yes, please upload pics………..

but……….

-bethany;85639 wrote:
and trainee tattooist…….but every tattoo i do on anyone else will atleast rise a little.

uh, where are you training…………..where did you get these tattoos ??? was the kitchen clean ???

and what does your mentor have to say about this ???

-bethany
Participant
@bethany

I have a paid tattoo apprenticeship in town, the studio is clean yes.

Just the general healing can make the tattoo flake that’s what i mean.

I get mine done in the studio, these are my first tattoos but my skin has always healed with any kind of graze in this way. I’ll try and capture it with my camera, it’s only a tiny amount but hopefully it will show up.

-bethany
Participant
@bethany

Ah my mentor says it’s completely normal for the skin on my thigh to heal like that, as long as there’s no infection or anything that looks out of the ordinary then it’s fine. Like i said these are my first tattoos so i was unsure how my own skin would take to getting tattooed and the healing process. I’ll try keep loose clothes on for the time being.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

you have a apprentaship in tattooing ? ๐Ÿ™ im actually jealous

Im joining a Level3 Art course in September at college to try to get better at art.

Tattoo Artist = my dream!

-bethany
Participant
@bethany
WardyInk;85645 wrote:
you have a apprentaship in tattooing ? ๐Ÿ™ im actually jealous

Im joining a Level3 Art course in September at college to try to get better at art.

Tattoo Artist = my dream!

It took me two years to find one, and a lot of money, if you have money to offer and lots of it you’re more likely to be trained up by a professional in a proper working environment. Beforehand i was trained by a good friend who has tattooed for many many years, his work is mindblowing. So i already had a portfolio to hand.

I’ve only just started doing tattoos on myself though, it sure is addictive!

And keep working hard, you’ll get to where you want to be with lots of hard work and dedication. I did a two year course in art and design.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

post up a link of the place you are training at………

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Something smells a wee bit fishy here. Why would somebody that works at a tattoo shop come on a forum and ask a tattoo healing question?
Pics are missing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.