Marcus63
Participant
@marcus63

Hi a newbie here, just had a ‘Football Club Badge’ tattooed on my left calve got home and after a few hours took off the bandage washed it with warm water dabbed it totally dry and did my best with applying a thin coating of bepanthen (found this difficult as it is a very hard & sticky cream).

Anyway a few hours later i was going to wash it again and apply the cream again but i have noticed that it still seems damp and if i just touch it the colour (blue) seems to come away ever so slightly.

Is this normal, does the colour normally come away, i am afraid to apply anymore cream as i dont want to smudge the badge and lettering.

Should i be using a different cream, i sort of need a response so i can know what to do before going to bed tonight and it not ending up over the sheets etc.

Can anyone help at

The tattoo looks like this at the moment, already it seems to have lost some detail and the lettering has widened.
http://www.thetattooforum.com/picture.php?albumid=4077&pictureid=8864

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

i have 4 tattoos of varying sizes and i have used bepanthen for 3 out of the 4 coz it seems to work best for me. the colouring may seem to fade a bit or come away a bit but once it is fully healed it will come back and look fine. my latest tattoo has very bright colours in it (bright greens and reds) and when it was healing i was worried about this as well and the colours seemed to dull and it was a bit wet and sticky for the first wee while but its healed now and im very pleased with it – after me worrying about the colour coming away but its back to being bright again 🙂

hope this helps – good luck!

Marcus63
Participant
@marcus63

Thanks for your help, i really dont want smudging or to lose the lettering around the badge.
So would you say it would be ok to put the cream on again now or should i wash it again first before i do that.

Below is the tattoo as it looks at the moment.

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

if its in your photo album on yer profile then there will be a link under it – just put before and after the link and it will come up here (i only learned how to do that yesterday too lol)

and yeh it should be fine – i put it on 2 or 3 times a day at least for the first week then usually its just about healed so maybe for an extra couple of days if it needs it. just as long as you make sure it isnt too thick – i know sometimes this can be a wee bit difficult as like you said it is a bit of a thick cream. as long as you do it in parts with a small bit of cream instead of taking a big bit and just spreading it over the whole tattoo you should be ok. i only washed mines when i took the cling film off for the first time and then on the 2nd day just a wee bit when i went for a shower but after that i just left it to trap in all the colour.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It’s pretty much imposable for a tattoo to smudge.Remember how the tattoo got there in the first place. (a bunch of stabs with a needle). Wash your tattoo 4 times a day(wash it until it doesn’t feel slimy anymore, blot dry, then let air dry for about 20 minutes min. then apply a very thin amount of ointment (less is better then more). repeat as needed.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

it looks like the line work is well done, but it looks like blowout to me.

Marcus63
Participant
@marcus63
buttwheat;81823 wrote:
It’s pretty much imposable for a tattoo to smudge.Remember how the tattoo got there in the first place. (a bunch of stabs with a needle). Wash your tattoo 4 times a day(wash it until it doesn’t feel slimy anymore, blot dry, then let air dry for about 20 minutes min. then apply a very thin amount of ointment (less is better then more). repeat as needed.

So this morning is the tackiness ok and if any of it is touched/dabbed then there are parts where the blue also is wet. I can only describe it as like if you were to touch a painting before it had dried.
It does worry me as I do not want to ruin it, what with the lettering being so fine, ink smudging. Or will none of this matter and is usual due to whatever happens to the top layer, the underneath (permanent) layer will stay intact.

Also just noticed the quilt from when I was sleeping pretty much has the design on it now, so obviosly it has been coming off in the night.

AFTER WASHING AND APPLYING CREAM THIS MORNING THIS IS HOW IT NOW LOOKS. I JUST PHONED THE SHOP AND EXPLAINED IT AND THEY SAID IT SOUNDS OK AND IS NORMAL FOR THE 1ST COUPLE OF DAYS, I’M JUST GETTING REALLY PEE’D OFF AS ANTYTHING I BRUSH PAST NOW GETS BLUE INK ON IT AND I’M SUPPOSED TO BE GOING TO FOOTBALL TONIGHT SO WEARING JEANS HOW SHOULD I COVER IT?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Marcus63;81829 wrote:
So this morning is the tackiness ok and if any of it is touched/dabbed then there are parts where the blue also is wet. I can only describe it as like if you were to touch a painting before it had dried.
It does worry me as I do not want to ruin it, what with the lettering being so fine, ink smudging. Or will none of this matter and is usual due to whatever happens to the top layer, the underneath (permanent) layer will stay intact.

Also just noticed the quilt from when I was sleeping pretty much has the design on it now, so obviosly it has been coming off in the night.

AFTER WASHING AND APPLYING CREAM THIS MORNING THIS IS HOW IT NOW LOOKS. I JUST PHONED THE SHOP AND EXPLAINED IT AND THEY SAID IT SOUNDS OK AND IS NORMAL FOR THE 1ST COUPLE OF DAYS, I’M JUST GETTING REALLY PEE’D OFF AS ANTYTHING I BRUSH PAST NOW GETS BLUE INK ON IT AND I’M SUPPOSED TO BE GOING TO FOOTBALL TONIGHT SO WEARING JEANS HOW SHOULD I COVER IT?

You just put your skin through some major trauma. Your body is trying to push the ink out with plasma. This is all normal. It will start oozing less and less and in a couple of days it will start peeling. keep it clean and dry and then you will have a tattoo.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

yea, you are just going to lose the outer layer of skin similar to a sunburn……….that skin has alot of ink in it, but it is going to flake off………the ink in the second layer of skin will stay, just don’t pick at any scabs……

i was alos wondering about seeing blowout , but it is hard to tell from the pics…..

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

it sounds like exactly what i was dealing with when i got mines done – and now that its healed its absolutely fine. looks normal to me. just be patient with it til it heals and continue the routine you are doin with the cream. you cant really know exactly how its going to turn out til its completely healed so ye gotta just wait im afraid. the wet part you are describing is just the top layer that will eventually become the scab which will flake off anyway so as long as you dont pick it it will be a fine tattoo.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.